• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

avalon

Beach Fanatic
Apr 21, 2008
Seagrove
Good-bye to Kelly's

I, for one, will not miss shopping at Kelly's Supermarket ! Will the Publix have a pharmacy?

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
I, for one, will not miss shopping at Kelly's Supermarket ! Will the Publix have a pharmacy?

When we lived in FP, I drove to the Winn Dixie in Bluewater Bay. It's not bad. I shopped at Kelly's exactly twice, and that was enough.

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
standing by on tenterhooks...

waiting for the symphony to tune up and start playing in defense of the small town grocery falling to the big bad corporate boogie monster...

but wait...

could it be that some small retailers are firmly at the root of their own demise? that some big box retailers bring much desired services, cleanliness, products and professionalism to locales that haven't previously experienced this from some of the Mom & Pop's?

I'm just sayin'.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
standing by on tenterhooks...

waiting for the symphony to tune up and start playing in defense of the small town grocery falling to the big bad corporate boogie monster...

but wait...

could it be that some small retailers are firmly at the root of their own demise? that some big box retailers bring much desired services, cleanliness, products and professionalism to locales that haven't previously experienced this from some of the Mom & Pop's?

I'm just sayin'.

A classic example would be "For the health of it". They continue to thrive and GROW all while being slowly surrounded by "big bad corporate boogie monster". Why? Well run, clean and excellent customer service!

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
A classic example would be "For the health of it". They continue to thrive and GROW all while being slowly surrounded by "big bad corporate boogie monster". Why? Well run, clean and excellent customer service!

Excellent example of doing it right. :clap:

avalon

Beach Fanatic
Apr 21, 2008
Seagrove
Mom and Pops

I would gladly support a small grocery that had decent products and a clean store. Not the case with Kelly's. They have tried to update some of the product lines ( they have Pepperidge Farms now), but the freezers and coolers are "down" so often that it is truly scary. I stick to the non-perishables!