• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Seaside Rep Theatre

Beach Lover
Feb 1, 2006
poster.toeroasters.webposter.jpg

?TOE ROASTER?

An Original, yet hilarious, Musical-Play

by Bryan Kennedy

September 4 & 5 @ 8PM

Meeting Hall Theatre

$24/$20 for members

Toe Roaster is an original play-musical involving three normal guys. Modern-day cowboys of sorts, they fight to reconcile in their own minds the struggle between their own priorities and modern day ills. Laced with humor and music, Hamlet, Chuck and Big Daddy spend time telling tall tales, reminiscing, and philosophizing. They deal with everything from how to ultimately please a woman, why everyone seems to be ?up at Wal Marts?, cell phones, swimming with sea creatures, and finally world peace.

Toe Roaster was written by Bryan Kennedy out of a desire to share his personal experiences sitting around a campfire. Bryan first performed around a faux campfire while opening up for Garth Brooks from 1996 ? 1997, but Toe Roaster is much different!
Bryan Kennedy, as ?Chuck? in the Toe Roaster, is a man with personality plus. He rides a motorcycle, dates too many women at once, and produces a laugh a minute. He?s always up for a good time, and is always ready to tell a tall tale. The other members of the Toe Roaster clan have a hard time taking him seriously, yet cannot seem to get enough of him. He?s the clown of the bunch, and also the one that will make you think?about how good you really have it in life.
Wynn Varble, as ?Hamlet,? is the show opener. He is a very ?original character? having been the first to come of with various clich?s. He?s a man with simple pleasures, and a humorous outlook on life. He keeps Chuck in check, and has been his best friend for life. They have sat around hundreds of Toe Roasters over the years, and have explored life to its fullest. Hamlet is married, and although he loves his wife, he finds if difficult to deal with the interruption she brings to the Toe Roaster in calling his cell phone.
Troy Jones plays ?Big Daddy? in the Toe Roaster. Shortly into the performance, you see the reason he is called Big Daddy is because his real name, John Don John is confusing to people. Big Daddy is a tractor mechanic that has happened up on to Hamlet and Chuck during the Toe Roaster, and finds his place among the other two quickly. Big Daddy is an introverted, yet funny, man who reveals unsuspecting skeletons in his closet as the night wears on, which makes for hilarious commentary.

SOME FACTS ABOUT THE PLAYERS/WRITERS

Bryan Kennedy
Bryan Kennedy revels from a family of music industry influencers. His father, Jerry Kennedy, was a pioneer in country music, while running Mercury Records ? Nashville for over 20 years. While at Mercury, Jerry worked with artists such as Roger Miller, Reba McIntyre, Johnny Rodriguez, the Statler Brothers, and Tom T. Hall to name a few. In addition, he also was an accomplished musician in his own right, and played on records for such artists as Bob Dylan, Ringo Star, and Roy Orbison.
Bryan?s brother, Gordon, is an accomplished songwriter/performer, with album cuts on some of today?s top-selling records, including Eric Clapton?s ?Change the World? which won a Grammy for ?Song of the Year? in 1996.
Shelby, the little brother of the Kennedy clan, has also made a mark in Nashville working for ASCAP. He also served as a key A&R man for Lyric Street records. Some of the artists he has directed are Aaron Tippin, Rascal Flatts, SheDaisy, and Sonja Isaacs. Shelby currently works with BMI in Nashville, Tennessee.
Bryan Kennedy has written nine hits that appear on numerous Garth Brooks records, including three #1 radio hits, ?Good Ride Cowboy?, ?Beaches of Cheyenne,? and ?American Honky Tonk Bar Association.? In addition, Bryan opened up for Garth Brooks performing many of the songs heard in Toe Roaster, from 1996 ? 1998.
Some of Bryan?s other cuts include;
Garth Brooks- ?Cowboy Cadillac?
?The Old Stuff?
?Rodeo or Mexico?
?The Fever?
?Cowgirl?s Saddle?
?Meet Me In Love?
Deryl Dodd ? ?Thirty-Thirty?
Rick Trevino- ?I Want a Girl in a Pick-up Truck?
The Derailers ? ?I Love Me Some Elvis?

Wynn Varble
Wynn Varble, who plays ?Hamlet? in the Cod Roaster, is a key songwriter in Nashville. Several of his songs heard in Cod Roaster are also heard on the records of other national recording artists such as Brad Paisley and Garth Brooks. Wynn?s biggest song writing credit to date would have to be the song ?Have You Forgotten,? which he wrote with Daryl Worley. This song was number one on the country music charts for seven weeks.
Some of Wynn?s other cuts include:
?I Feel Like I?m Forgotten? Somethin?? ? Leanne Womack, I Hope You Dance
?When the Wheels Are Coming Off? ? Leanne Womack, I Hope You Dance
?Waiting On A Woman?
?Ain?t Nothin? Like? (heard in Toe Roaster) ? Brad Paisley
?Self Made Man? ? Montgomery Gentry
?Big Money? ? Garth Brooks, Scarecrow

Troy Jones
Troy, ?Big Daddy,? has been a successful songwriter for over 10 years. He has written many songs as a staff writer for Polygram/Universal, Mosaic Music, and currently writes for Carnival Music. Troy has recently written a song for country music star Joe Nichols entitled ?The Shade Comes Free With The Tree?. Most recently Troy has written Kenney Chesney?s self acclaimed favorite song on ?The Road and the Radio? CD entitled ?Like Me?. Troy is the only member of the clan that currently doesn?t live in Nashville, Tennessee?Troy resides in L.A?.Lower Alabama, with his wife two daughters Brittany, Lindsay, and son Adam.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
They deal with everything from how to ultimately please a woman, why everyone seems to be ?up at Wal Marts?, cell phones, swimming with sea creatures, and finally world peace.

:lol: Yes, I am thinking this will be pretty funny. The "up at Walmarts" part hooked me.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
We met Bryan Kennedy last night at Amavida, and listened to his music. Wonderful music and great sense of humor! And Toe Roasters looks to be a really great show on Labor Day Weekend- :D

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Wow! That was a great show tonight and it kept me smiling and laughing through the end. Those guys were awesome and hilarious!

CK1

Beach Lover
Jul 20, 2007
Toe Roaster

The play at Seaside last night, Toe Roaster, was fabulous. Anyone going to the show tonight will witness an awesome show, with the very talented Bryan Kennedy, Wynn, and Troy. I "thank you" for a wonderful show.