• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
So, I learned that if you can see through your house front to back unobstructed, some view this as perfect feng shui and some view this as omen.

Scam-shui'ed or staged.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
So the tide has turned and rich foreigners are buying US homes? Should anyone be surprised given how cheap it is for them? The exchange rate is in everyone's favor these days. Unless you happen to be American.

We've spent decades buying homes in foreign lands--Provence and Tuscany, as only two examples worldwide, are crawling with American owners of cute little villas. I guess it was only inevitable that the reasons that made it so attractive for us to buy are the same one that turn them on, too. What goes around comes around. We're being invaded! :lol:

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
So, what can we learn from Hawaii? In the 1940s, Japan bombed Hawaii. In the 1980s, they bought it. What struck me on a visit to Hawaii in the 1980s was how so much of it was foreign owned, and the stories told by the locals were that they could no longer afford to live on the beach and had sold out to the Japanese. Then, I visited or came home to SoWal to watch the next 27 years unfold. Hoping for insight and balance in a more transparent world.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
So, what can we learn from Hawaii? In the 1940s, Japan bombed Hawaii. In the 1980s, they bought it. What struck me on a visit to Hawaii in the 1980s was how so much of it was foreign owned, and the stories told by the locals were that they could no longer afford to live on the beach and had sold out to the Japanese. Then, I visited or came home to SoWal to watch the next 27 years unfold. Hoping for insight and balance in a more transparent world.

DuneLaker, it takes no special insight and balance to know that it's all about the money. Always has been, always will. People sell to whomever offers them the best deal for their property. And why shouldn't they if it's legal and above-board?