• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
man i went down to the beach this afternoon for the first time in a few weeks and the black flies killed me. i stayed 20 min's and had to leave. what works to keep them away on the beach? does insect repellant work?

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
Cactus Juice. Get it at For the Health of It in Blue Mtn.
The flies will be gone as soon as the north wind dies down and the sea breeze comes back. I went for a swim around 3 pm and the wind was out of the south, no flies then.

fisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 19, 2005
Well, if they hadn't gotten rid of the Dog Fly Program! Perhaps those who did that should go around and swat flies for us?

I got eaten alive when the dog fly plane was spraying poison. The benefits were nominal compared to the risk associated with spraying poison randomly in the air for all to breath--human and animals alike.

Good riddance to the poison spraying. Now if the mosquito spraying could only be halted too. :D

fisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 19, 2005
You're deluded... I don't believe you or any of us would want to live here without mosquito control.

I think there are a lot more people than you think that would be happy to live without the spraying for mosquitos.