• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

tivoli

Beach Lover
Smiling JOe said:
You are not the same Tivoli who owns in SeaNest, are you???

The lots vary in size with most being around .1 acres and some totalling around .25 acres.

Hey.......not the SeaNest Tivoli.........Summer's Edge, "A Shore Thing"
VT by Kurt........ Looking for a non-rental lot long-term to build........
Location would be awesome near SE too......I have a business I'm
thinking about starting as soon as I can get there permanently..........
Two more years..........Boy's in High School yet...........................
I enjoy your real estate posts tremendously.................................

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
tivoli said:
Hey.......not the SeaNest Tivoli.........Summer's Edge, "A Shore Thing"
VT by Kurt........ Looking for a non-rental lot long-term to build........
Location would be awesome near SE too......I have a business I'm
thinking about starting as soon as I can get there permanently..........
Two more years..........Boy's in High School yet...........................
I enjoy your real estate posts tremendously.................................
You should be able to find less expensive lots close to that area for a decent price. Look between Brown St and South Gulf Dr. Currently, I think there is a lot on Brown for under $300k and a couple under $500K. That area is very sleepy and there are some great buys in there.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Smiling JOe said:
You should be able to find less expensive lots close to that area for a decent price. Look between Brown St and South Gulf Dr. Currently, I think there is a lot on Brown for under $300k and a couple under $500K. That area is very sleepy and there are some great buys in there.

We stayed in a cottage last July on May Drive, near Brown Street. It's a very nice, quiet location. I think the "quiet" aspect is getting more and more important, given the amount of road noise that 30-A produces in the high season.

Smiling JOe said:
I do know that lot #11 comes with a boat (Boston Whaler)
I'm thinking, "What's the point of that?" Where do you put in a boat around here?

That's why until everyone got scared about "The Bubble," we were looking for a lot on the bay so we could have a boat when we got bored at the beach. We're waiting now to see how it all shakes down. But even when we were looking, there wasn't much available at a reasonable price. We looked at one piece of property on the bay for a few million. But the access was via a dirt road that passed a bunch of trailers with folks staring at us from their front porches. My daughter and husband started humming the theme song from the movie "Deliverance." I laughed so hard that I almost wet my pants!

Last edited:

wetwilly

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.
Beach Runner said:
I'm thinking, "What's the point of that?" Where do you put in a boat around here?

That's why until everyone got scared about "The Bubble," we were looking for a lot on the bay so we could have a boat when we got bored at the beach. We're waiting now to see how it all shakes down. But even when we were looking, there wasn't much available at a reasonable price. We looked at one piece of property on the bay for a few million. But the access was via a dirt road that passed a bunch of trailers with folks staring at us from their front porches. My daughter and husband started humming the theme song from the movie "Deliverance." I laughed so hard that I almost wet my pants!

I think on the east side of Eastern Lake there is a place to put a boat in but it might be a private boat launch? :dunno: Also, I heard you can put one in at Grayton for $5.00 a launch but that is just what I heard? :dunno:

Anyone know any other place, rules, and cost?

wetwilly said:
I think on the east side of Eastern Lake there is a place to put a boat in but it might be a private boat launch? :dunno: Also, I heard you can put one in at Grayton for $5.00 a launch but that is just what I heard? :dunno:

I dunno. I thought that boats on Eastern Lake, etc., couldn't be motorized. My daughter's boyfriend had a couple of Sea-Doo's that we'd launch near the 331 bridge. But it's sort of a pain to do it that way - no amenities.

As far as the Gulf goes, I'm not taking one out without a captain - we're too inexperienced. We almost drowned in the Atlantic taking out a catamaran at The Cloister - winds came up - boat capsized - we got tangled in ropes and trapped under water - were rescued by lifeguards.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
wetwilly said:

To launch from Grayton Beach, you need a beach permit for you your vehicle and a launch permit for your trailer. Beach permit will cost you about $105 per year and the lauch permit is maybe another $30 per year. It is listed in the muni-code.

To launch a boat into Western Lake, from the boat ramp, you do not need a permit, nor is there a fee.