• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

GatorsGal

Beach Comber
Nov 5, 2007
Keep heart noles! Jimbo Fisher will lead you back to the promised land.

TALLAHASSEE — The low point wasn’t a shutout defeat at home against Wake Forest on a dreary late fall night in 2006. It wasn’t the consecutive 7-6 finishes that signaled, once and for all, how far Florida State had sunk since its dynasty years.

No, the low point for Seminoles – the lowest of the Bobby Bowden era and perhaps the lowest in this program’s history – came here on Saturday night in the form of an 9-7 defeat against Jacksonville State, a Division I-AA team that was supposed to be nothing more than a warm-up and a walkover.

On a rainy, gray night at Doak Campbell Stadium, an announced crowd of more than 70,000 (it was more like 30,000) sat wet, stunned and silent for the better part of three hours and watched history unfold – the worst kind of history for FSU. The defeat is proof the Seminoles in fact aren’t on their way back to national prominence, as they had hoped.

For the Gamecocks of Jacksonville State, the victory is a triumph that will be remembered both as one of their greatest and as one of the most shocking in recent college football history.

30abob

Beach Lover
Aug 8, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
We went, sat in the rain, got drenched to the bone, became disgusted & nauseous, wanted to leave (several times), stayed till the end, experienced great relief, walked back to my daughters apartment fairly happy & changed into dry clothes - the drive back to SoWal was long, too long! Anyone ready to go for the next game?

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
We went, sat in the rain, got drenched to the bone, became disgusted & nauseous, wanted to leave (several times), stayed till the end, experienced great relief, walked back to my daughters apartment fairly happy & changed into dry clothes - the drive back to SoWal was long, too long! Anyone ready to go for the next game?

Oh, I will be at the rest of them...contrary to what the poser - uh, poster who has no business in this thread - above thinks, a bad day as a Seminole is VASTLY superior to any day as a gader (and boy am I going to laugh when the wheels fall off their wagon, again!) :clap:

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Hey Lake View Two...

THIS is why we ride the roller coaster. :D

but we are lucky - BYU has an awesome offense.

Back to The Territory...:party:

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Back in the groove, hopefully for the rest of the season.:blush:

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Back in the groove, hopefully for the rest of the season.:blush:

Well, one would have thought that. Instead we have a mobile QB with hurt knees, and USF has an awesome back-up QB who didn't get offered by FSU, even though he literally grew up there.

USF also has a defense. That tends to help at times.

Congrats to the Bulls - and may you knock off Miami as well :razz: