• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jack flash

Beach Lover
Feb 11, 2009
Pt. Washington
Three puppies left

Thanks to sowal four of these puppies have been rescued---three to forever homes and one to alaqua-----little blackie is waiting on his forever home there! Please go get him!!! What a great community! Special kudos and blessings to those who have adopted so far!

wracso

Beach Lover
Jul 7, 2007
Great news on the puppies!!!!! :) I hope there is a way to prevent this from happening again. If owners would just spay/neuter their pets it would make all the difference. It sounds like the mother of these pups needs attention but from whom? Animal Control would probably take her and who knows what would happen?

jack flash

Beach Lover
Feb 11, 2009
Pt. Washington
Agree. The mother and the aunt NEED HELP NOW. Dorothy has been an absolute angel, taking care of these babes when they were not hers to start with. With our postings thru SoWal we got the word out and alll but two of the pups are rescued (Blackie is at Alaqua not in a home, but still better than the shelter.) But, yes the adults need to be fixed and rescued as well, or the shelter will take them. Dorothy may have done all she can. Unfortunately this IS the case with Walton co.---kind of backward in not providing a no kill shelter. But Lori Hood has done a fabulous job filling What she can of the gap. The community has been great too, but w/o money one can do only so much. We do what we can do. Your HELP is alway appreciated! donations, food, foster care....the list goes on and on........We have dominion......Bless you----

weatabix

Beach Lover
Feb 1, 2009
After I got "Blackie" into Alaqua on Friday, we cried all weekend for him and thanks to the wonderful staff there, they allowed us to come and pick him up today!!! He is ours forever, couldn't live without the little guy. His name is officially Elijah and he is very happy right now laying on our kitchen floor! While we were there, we were also asked to participate in an animal story "reality show". They interviewed us including our daughter and said it will played back on 30A television in the near future! I really feel these puppies are being helped from above and they have so much going for them. I only pray their mom will have the same fate they are all receiving...she sounds like she is a fantastic dog as well......Good luck to all of you who have adopted from this litter and enjoy your puppy! Cheers to happy endings!

Thanks to sowal four of these puppies have been rescued---three to forever homes and one to alaqua-----little blackie is waiting on his forever home there! Please go get him!!! What a great community! Special kudos and blessings to those who have adopted so far!

jack flash

Beach Lover
Feb 11, 2009
Pt. Washington
You are amazing---he is sooo precious! What a story! Your testimony is so powerful to help the Mom and the last two pups!!! Your daughter is beautiful and will be a good "mommie" to Elijah! Excited about the show----let us know when it airs! To all those who adopted, please, post often so we can keep up with this family of pups as they grow!!! Yes, these pup have been protected by angels watching over them----the power of one, the action of a few, the prayers of many....this story started with Dorothy...unwilling to say no.....not ready to say die.....

Brooklyn49er

Beach Comber
Sep 7, 2009
5 pups adopted, 2 to go!

Thank you all for hearing our prayers and giving these special angel pups a home. each and every one of them have that "something special" about them. I can't put it in words. The whole litter is full of joy and love and they all love people.

The 2 remaining pups are playing in the yard w/o their siblings. Kinda seems sad to me. I hope they don't feel sadness like humans. I do hope these remaining 2 will be adopted before I have to take them to the shelter. How I wish I could keep them.

They had their puppy shots and were wormed. Also, I gave them a flea treatment.

With all my heart and soul, I thank each and everyone of you that gave these pups a home. You all will be forever blessed.

Dorothy and daughter Michele

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Hi,
I just picked one of these little puppies today. He is a very sweet affectionate pup. I just love him. I can tell that he will be a lifelong friend. I wanted to take them all, I wish that I could have. There are three more that do need to find homes. He has also been great with my other pets. They just love each other! If you are thinking about a new pet check out these great pups.:rotfl: Totally ecstatic!!!!

there is nothing like bringing home a new puppy.. I love everything about it. yes, I know they are going to want to chew and all, but the puppy just brings so much love into your home you can forgive a shoe or two.:D

brittlestarfishy

Beach Comber
Aug 7, 2009
hi, i was curious which puppies from the pics are still available if any? im so happy that you are having success in adopting them out! Do you think they will have long hair like an aussie? Just curious for any allergies we may have. They seem adorable. thank you :)

chrisjohnson850

Beach Comber
Jul 19, 2009
My little pup is doing great. And to tootsie, he does love the shoes. But no worries there. I appreciate Dorothy so much, she is a very loving person. We named him Bruskie. He has a very spunky character, and we just love it. He has been great with all of the people he has met, and loves to get his belly rubbed. Bless you Mrs. Dorothy. We love him!!

jack flash

Beach Lover
Feb 11, 2009
Pt. Washington
Last two puppies

hi, i was curious which puppies from the pics are still available if any? im so happy that you are having success in adopting them out! Do you think they will have long hair like an aussie? Just curious for any allergies we may have. They seem adorable. thank you :)

There are two more puppies available---the brown with black, white feet, and, the white with some black. They are precious. Go to: www.youtube.com and enter 123mlynn170, sort by "uploaded this week" to see the video of them playing together---so sweet!!! I do not think they will be long haired based on photos of the mother. Dorothy's # is 850.571.5597. thank you for your inquiry.

Last edited: