• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

pokey

Beach Lover
Jul 20, 2005
If Shutters home doesn't work out for us (it is only available one of the weeks I think we can go), we have decided that we want to stay between Watercolor and Periwinkle Lane; no further east or west. The kids really don't want to stay in Watercolor as we won't have a pool at the house, but if it means a free vacation I guess they will give in!!

This is the first year we have had so much trouble coming up with a week to go to the beach. My son is going to Europe in June for a few weeks and he and my husband are going out of town for a long weekend the beginning of July. My daughter's best friend that has joined us the last few years isn't available until the end of July, but my son starts grad school the beginning of August. Why does this have to be so complicated :dunno:

Once my daughter get over the fact that her best friend will not be joining us this year I am thinking I can commit to my original date.

Any other house rentals are welcome; I want to keep a book of homes I like for next year or if our dates need to change.

Sorry, I just realized I repeated myself above.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
pokey...as you are experiencing, the older your kiddos get, they tend to get their OWN lives!!!! I commend you for working so hard to get your family together for vacation....I guess you realized the FRIEND can't hang you up!!

pokey

Beach Lover
Jul 20, 2005
Sueshore- You are right, this planning with older kids isn't easy. Everyone has their opinions and preferences, dates they can or won't join us, which friends might come, etc.. I started working on this during these last two weeks with them home from college; looking forward to a bit of empty nesting this weekend :clap_1: I love my kids, but please leave; I need my house back! :love: We all love the friend, so I hate for her not to join us, but as in the movie, "something's got to give." I'm sure daughter will come up with a replacement friend; maybe a new college friend. My son has many close female friends so we never know who might come visit while we are at the beach.

wetwilly

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.
pokey said:
If Shutters home doesn't work out for us (it is only available one of the weeks I think we can go), we have decided that we want to stay between Watercolor and Periwinkle Lane; no further east or west. The kids really don't want to stay in Watercolor as we won't have a pool at the house, but if it means a free vacation I guess they will give in!!

This is the first year we have had so much trouble coming up with a week to go to the beach. My son is going to Europe in June for a few weeks and he and my husband are going out of town for a long weekend the beginning of July. My daughter's best friend that has joined us the last few years isn't available until the end of July, but my son starts grad school the beginning of August. Why does this have to be so complicated :dunno:

Once my daughter get over the fact that her best friend will not be joining us this year I am thinking I can commit to my original date.

Any other house rentals are welcome; I want to keep a book of homes I like for next year or if our dates need to change.

Sorry, I just realized I repeated myself above.

Pokey,

Check out "Lemon Drop". It is a 5BR+ with 5 full baths, sleeps 18 (14 in beds and 4 addl in sleeper sofas), kids bunkroom, private heated pool, 125 yrds to the gulf and lake. See it at www.findvacationrentals.com/7475 or see the wonderful virtuall tour by Kurt at www.emeraldcoasttours.com/20brownstreet/.

Wetwilly :cool:

Last edited:

pokey

Beach Lover
Jul 20, 2005
Wetwilly-I did check out your lovely home, but it is a bit rich for my budget. Otherwise, your home would be great.

pokey

Beach Lover
Jul 20, 2005
For those following my saga, I have booked Shutters by the Sea for a week this summer. I am so glad that I could make a decision :clap_1: My family is also happy that I have stopped showing them pictures of houses and maps!

I am hoping that my kids both are able to have friends join us as there is plenty of room. Maybe if I threaten to bring the gradparents instead they will get busy and find someone to join us. :rotfl: They do love their grandparents, but a week at the beach (or anywhere for that matter) would be a bit much!

Now I have to wait 6 months before we leave.

peapod1980

percy
Oct 3, 2005
Up the hill from the Gateway Arch
pokey said:
For those following my saga, I have booked Shutters by the Sea for a week this summer. I am so glad that I could make a decision :clap_1: My family is also happy that I have stopped showing them pictures of houses and maps!

I am hoping that my kids both are able to have friends join us as there is plenty of room. Maybe if I threaten to bring the gradparents instead they will get busy and find someone to join us. :rotfl: They do love their grandparents, but a week at the beach (or anywhere for that matter) would be a bit much!

Now I have to wait 6 months before we leave.
Hooray, pokey! :clap_1: It's such a relief once the place is booked, isn't it? So glad you chose a SoWaller's house, too! That is a beautiful house.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
peapod1980 said:
Hooray, pokey! :clap_1: It's such a relief once the place is booked, isn't it? So glad you chose a SoWaller's house, too! That is a beautiful house.

I love Shutters' website too. That is on my list of things to do for our place. Enjoy your stay pokey! :clap_1:

wetwilly

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.
pokey said:
Wetwilly-I did check out your lovely home, but it is a bit rich for my budget. Otherwise, your home would be great.

Pokey,

Thanks for the consideration. Great choice on "Shutter's". It is a very nice house, I love the website, and it is a good rate for the week. Just so you know, Lemon Drop is more $$ due to the bigger size (Sleeps 14-18), it is South side of Hwy 30-A, and we are only 100 yrds to Eastern Lake.

Have a great time at "Shutter's" and in Seagrove Beach.

:cool:

Last edited:

pokey

Beach Lover
Jul 20, 2005
Wetwilly-Yes, I saw your home was larger. Given that at the moment there are only 4 of us going, or maybe 6, your home is much too large for us. I have bookmarked it just in case we ever need larger and want to be in your area. We let the kids decide what area we would stay in. It was our way of making sure that they joined us on this trip! ;-)