• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Did everyone hear about Jessica Simpson's pup being grabbed by a Coyote, right in front of her?:eek: I haven't heard anymore, about it. Her pet was a 5yr. old Maltese/Poodle mix, named Daisey. I could hardly sleep the other night, when I heard about it. I take my Yorkie out here in Seagrove Beach and have walked her along the edge, of the forest! NEVER again, will I go to that area, because Coyotes have been seen, there! I also will make sure to have her, on a leash. She's 10 yrs. old and I would just DIE, if that happened!:sosad:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Was she in South Walton when her pup was taken? Was the pup on a leash? Coyotes typically don't like coming around people.

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
I have no idea where she was, but, doubt she was here. It doesn't seem like Daisey was on a leash, either.
Was she in South Walton when her pup was taken? Was the pup on a leash? Coyotes typically don't like coming around people.

Bluznbeach

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
www.davidsswan.com
I can't find an article that says where this happened, but it was certainly nowhere near Sowal (might've been Brazil). Her Twitter post says, "A coyote took my precious Daisy right in front of our eyes. HORROR! We are searching. Hoping. Please help!"

Coyotes occasionally turn up around Atlanta, too. My feeling is: be careful, but not paranoid.

Come to think of it, maybe the locals should start a rumor that doggie-snatching coyotes are rampant in Sowal, to keep the tourists from bringing their dogs to the beach! :clap:
Related thread: http://www.sowal.com/bb/pets-animals/40414-visiting-dogs-now-allowed-sowal-beaches.html#post611589

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
...and this morning, the buzzards were eating a coyote on the side of Hwy 98, just west of 395.

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Oh, that's what that was!

I saw the buzzards, or at least I thought, that was buzzards.:dunno: How do you know it was a Coyote, did you get out of your car? Wonder what happened, to it?
...and this morning, the buzzards were eating a coyote on the side of Hwy 98, just west of 395.