• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SneakyPete

Beach Lover
May 8, 2009
See...I don't like the Sunday Brunches where you pay a set price for unlimited snarfing. I'm a small woman with a wee stomach. Why should I pay 20+ bucks for the same access as someone twice my size and three times my appetite? I just can't justify it because I always lose money and then I guilt my husband into eating less (because he SHOULD NOT be going back into the line a third time and I will not allow it even if I don't say "You cannot go" he knows exactly what I mean with my eyebrows drawn up like that) and so neither of us gets a good value which is ironically both a good thing and a bad thing.

That's why I prefer the menu at Fire or even a place like Jambones that has a Sunday breakfast menu -- you end up paying for the food you eat rather than the food you COULD or MIGHT eat.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
(just don't go there after Mango, 'cause there won't be any left)
SO TRUE!!! :D
Fire is a fantastic brunch too, just don't let the bottomless champagne get you....and please....don't take the locals table out front. who would DARE!;-)
I love Fire brunch on Sunday, but I have learned to cover my glass when I know I have things to do the rest of the day :wave:
SRBC is wonderful on occasion! The view is wonderful and the food is good. However, the view from our table at Fire can be very funn sometimes ;-)
Brunch at many places can cost you 20.00, so why not go to SRBC every once in a while?
Red Bar is too much funn! :clap: More casual and laid back, so it all depends on your mood.
And don't forget about Hibiscus!! In good weather sitting outside in the garden is wonderful!

Last edited:
Yes you can. Call to make reservations, not required but suggested

850-267-2305

Enjoy and save some grits for me!

will do and thank you for the post. My house is over by elmos on the western end of 30A so the SRBC is convenient.

ThirtyAGal

Beach Lover
Jan 11, 2007
Tennessee
:party: The word is "Fire". Tried it on 10/11, and it is the best brunch I ever had. The eggplant benedict was to die for! Hubby liked the beef and grits. The atmosphere and music were superb. Service was iffy, but the food made up for it. Recommended it to some people staying in our condos and they also liked the food, but said their service was "terrible". Evidently some wait people aren't very attentive.

Will definitely go back next October.