• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Unusual mix of cuisines (seafood, bar food, and some Korean) all of it quite good at excellent prices -- Steamboat Landing. This is the place we go when we want something simple, delicious, fast and cheap with no concern for view and no wait. Very clean place as well.

Where is Steamboat Landing?

La Botana

Beach Lover
Mar 3, 2008
Fire is my fav, also love the Great Southern Cafe, and Barefoot BBQ for those particular cuisines but If I get one vote for a place for you to visit it would be La Botana!

Forgive me for my bias but I take no credit for the quality of our food, I cant even cook oatmeal! But I have been eating at La B 6 days a week for 16 months and I still look forward to the super fresh AUTHENTIC mexican cuisine during dinner hours. We also serve a more TEX-Mex version for breakfast and lunch next door at The Seagrove Coyote! Please give us a try, Im sure you will enjoy!

jamie

Beach Lover
Mar 3, 2007
PWF, I assumed SP meant Steamboat in Santa Rosa Beach where Balls Out used to be. Maybe not. One Sunday night it had gotten past 9pm & we were looking for somewhere to eat in that area; everything was pretty much closed. We ended up eating at Steamboat & I was pleasantly surprised by our food. We just had "bar" sort of food, even though they were still serving the full menu. I had the gumbo & a salad, both were good. I helped a friend eat her hushpuppies, really good. Then I sampled fried green beans & fried zucchini, both were exceptional! I was very pleased with all the food we had that night. Okay, enough of my rambling!

SneakyPete

Beach Lover
May 8, 2009
Yes, Foodie, that's where I meant. It's just a little pub type restaurant, but the food is solid and fairly cheap -- and I'm hecka glad that you can get a bite to eat somewhere in the summer without a huge wait. Sometimes they have Korean bbq on the menu too, which my husband has enjoyed.

I actually don't think I can say I've had a BAD meal in Sowal, although if pressed I could mention some places I wouldn't visit again.

cdclark09

Beach Comber
Apr 7, 2008
Gravel Road! Wonderful prices and high quality. Live music mondays and wednesdays. Sushi Thursdays.

deepender

Beach Comber
Jul 2, 2009
Gravel Road, Hurricane Oyster Bar and Paradis!
I eat out almost every meal and each of these has yet to disappoint.