• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
So the spousal unit, who has never had a scallop in his life, is interested in trying them after one too many appearances of them on Top Chef and Hell's Kitchen. And I've never cooked them myself and would probably turn them into rubber if I tried so I'm thinking eating out

Parameters:

Not fried (he doesn't like fried food outside of french fries)
preferably west of Seaside
Under $20 for an entree (lunch or dinner doesn't matter)

cdclark09

Beach Comber
Apr 7, 2008
Gravel Road is the perfect spot. Located on 30a about 2 miles west of seaside in Uptown Grayton Plaza. Scallops are seared and are $12, they come with your choice of side, which are all wonderful. Open lunch and dinner, Monday through Saturday

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
oh, but scallops are, w/o a doubt, one of the easiest seafood dishes to prepare. Thread on skewers, grill over high heat for a few minutes, pour small amount of melted butter and lime juice over them, then enjoy. Yummy.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Fire does some fabulous scallops. In fact they've been making an appearance in the Sunday Brunch Specials of late.

As far as cooking them it's really not that hard and if you've never done it before start with one and go from there.

Truffle Anne

Beach Fanatic
Jan 29, 2008
Dune Allen
What use are parameters when we're talking food? I don't even LIKE scallops, but I SWOONED over the scallops at Caliza in Alys Beach not long ago. Chef Gaupin laid some scallops to rest in a delicate Thai soup, with a spinach-wrapped lobster tail to keep them company. Most heavenly flavors. Oh, my. :love:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
My favorite scallops are at Borago, which is west of Seaside. They are on the appetizer menu, but you can ask for an entree portion if you like. They are pan-seared and served with roasted tomato and polenta -- yummy!!!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
My favorite scallops are at Borago, which is west of Seaside. They are on the appetizer menu, but you can ask for an entree portion if you like. They are pan-seared and served with roasted tomato and polenta -- yummy!!!

Yep. :love:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THiqQ0JNUU4"]YouTube - Gordon Ramsay[/ame]

What use are parameters when we're talking food? I don't even LIKE scallops, but I SWOONED over the scallops at Caliza in Alys Beach not long ago. Chef Gaupin laid some scallops to rest in a delicate Thai soup, with a spinach-wrapped lobster tail to keep them company. Most heavenly flavors. Oh, my. :love:
:love: You have me wanting to drive all the way there for lunch. It sounds wonderful!!