• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

IRIETYMES

Beach Lover
Jul 9, 2007
Imho

Gene's, Dusty's, Goatfeathers.......I watch the shucker open a burlap bag and sort of look at the date and ask where they're from and then sit back, let the man (or woman) do his/her thing, and enjoy a couple of dozen raw whenever and wherever I can but those three places above in the area are my favorites. I like Dusty's, too, because of the clientele watching, and I get to sit close to the action.

Hop

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Dune Allen
www.myspace.com
Gene's, Dusty's, Goatfeathers.......I watch the shucker open a burlap bag and sort of look at the date and ask where they're from and then sit back, let the man (or woman) do his/her thing, and enjoy a couple of dozen raw whenever and wherever I can but those three places above in the area are my favorites. I like Dusty's, too, because of the clientele watching, and I get to sit close to the action.

I agree...Dusty's is my favorite new "Dirty dive"....old school... crappy beach bar atmosphere and great oysters.

Jax Chip

Beach Comber
Mar 30, 2009
Senor Mojitos $4.99 a dozen were my favorite last fall and winter. I must have eaten a dump truck load. And Stinky's was awesome as well. Man, I sure miss the west Coast of Florida!!

deepender

Beach Comber
Jul 2, 2009
I just left Hurricane Oyster Bar and had 4 dozen freshly shucked oysters from Appalach at $5 each. The domestic drafts were only $1 as well and it was a perfect day to sit on the deck by the pond.
I also had their world tour oysters which are raw with exceptional flavors and toppings... my favorite was the mexican (close second was Japanese). I saw them shuck to order for me.
My date does not eat oysters, but had the best Shrimp and Grits ever and the wings were grilled (not fried) and to die for!

In my opinion if you are going elsewhere, you are wasting your time!