• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
OK: My scenario was that the hard times got the guy...he had to decide: lose the condo or the canoe...and he made the right choice...besides, living the life of the sailor on the seas is so much more romantic than making condo payments upside down. (except when it rains)

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
I love sleeping outside all snuggled up! Maybe that's all he was doing; I wouldn't have tied up to the pilings because of the traffic noise, but it seemed to have worked for him and that's all that matters.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
The canoe isn't the impressive part, since it is not his canoe. The impressive part is that he has a pillow and a blanket and curled up in a very tight spot.

FYI -- the canoe was returned the next morning to the dock from which it came.

Hold on a minute SmileyJ. Give us the Cliff Notes. How do you know it's not his canoe and from whom did he borrow it? Is this an honest thief or a prearranged night out under the stars? A bet? An argument? What do you know, oh ye who tantalizes us with only bits and pieces of the story?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Mermy, I know the owner of the canoe. Haven't seen the owner in a few weeks, so haven't had a chance to ask if he let someone else borrow it. It definitely isn't the owner, and Old Florida Fish House didn't have a crazy night, the night in question. Plus, bar patrons don't typically have their pillow and blanky with them.

I don't know why he was sleeping in the canoe, but all seems to still be in order.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Mermy, I know the owner of the canoe. Haven't seen the owner in a few weeks, so haven't had a chance to ask if he let someone else borrow it. It definitely isn't the owner, and Old Florida Fish House didn't have a crazy night, the night in question. Plus, bar patrons don't typically have their pillow and blanky with them.

I don't know why he was sleeping in the canoe, but all seems to still be in order.

All's well that ends well. I go for the 'in the dog house' theory, and it must have worked itself out because our mysterious sleeper obviously has not had another moonlit night on the water. ;-)