• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Mark T. Wendell - London Fruit & Herb Teas

I grew up with this tea company. My mother is the daughter of two Irish immigrants so she knew a good cup of tea. I think she'd sooner have died of thirst than drink Lipton off the grocery shelf! She always ordered from Mark Wendell, and it was always loose tea. I never saw a tea bag until I went to college. I had no idea that such a convenience even existed. :lol:

Anway, the London Fruit & Herb teas are only one of the brands carried but I always seem to end up with their tissanes because they're so flavorful. I'm on a fruit kick lately.

Does anyone bother with loose tea anymore? I still do but only half the time. I used to be a purist but my standards have dropped!

ozbeachmom

Beach Lover
Feb 8, 2007
Kansas/miramar beach
I didn't use loose teas until I was introduced to Teaavana and now that is all I use. I love the tea strainer that you can put on a cup and then the large one that you can use on a pitcher to make iced tea. Great stuff!

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I don't drink tea in Florida (unless it's Thai iced tea), but I have a cup almost every afternoon when I visit relatives in the land of blizzards.

Green Tea, Raspberry, Echinacea, etc. I like it all! Maybe I'll add some honey, but I usually drink it straight.

Mama Scooterbug got me a pottery mug w/ a cap so it keeps the tea warm while I sip and read near the fire.

P.S. Celestial Seasonings rocks - simply by not having a string and tag on their tea bags they produce TONS less waste than other tea manufacturers who do.

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
I am drinking Twining's Irish Breakfast right now. In my cabinet is that & English Breakfast in bags, plus loose leaf Peaches & Cream Black tea from Weston Gardens In Bloom where I used to work. It is very nice and I use it in my little individual teapot w/strainer. I also like their Ginger Peach black tea.
I am embarrassed to say that I have a bag of loose leaf tea from China (can't read Chinese) so don't know what I have, but it has never been opened and I've had it more than a year. :blush: ..Not a fan of green tea (and yes I know it would be good for me.)
The best tea I've had was given to me by the Irish girl we hosted. I don't remember the brand but it was in gold foil (bagged tea), fair trade, and came from Marks & Spencers. Would love to be having it right now!

Gidget, the tea I am drinking now is in a Celestial Seasonings mug that came from the Boulder tea place. :D

Last edited:

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
And, there's always CocaTea from Peru for those days you need an extra boost. :D

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
I am drinking Twining's Irish Breakfast right now. In my cabinet is that & English Breakfast in bags, plus loose leaf Peaches & Cream Black tea from Weston Gardens In Bloom where I used to work. It is very nice and I use it in my little individual teapot w/strainer. I also like their Ginger Peach black tea.
I am embarrassed to say that I have a bag of loose leaf tea from China (can't read Chinese) so don't know what I have, but it has never been opened and I've had it more than a year. :blush: ..Not a fan of green tea (and yes I know it would be good for me.)
The best tea I've had was given to me by the Irish girl we hosted. I don't remember the brand but it was in gold foil (bagged tea), fair trade, and came from Marks & Spencers. Would love to be having it right now!

Gidget, the tea I am drinking now is in a Celestial Seasonings mug that came from the Boulder tea place. :D

You gave me this!! :love:

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
Russian Earl Grey

Chamomile Flowers

Lemon Verbena