• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Skinn30A

Beach Comber
May 26, 2009
SRB
We've been doing allot of fishing and crabbing in Western lake over the last couple of days from a dock in Grayton. Couple of things that I've found interesting and wanted to share....

1st - started seeing a new alligator on Sunday morning. It's a small one, about 3-4ft but isn't very shy. He came withing 20yds of us a couple of times looking for handouts.

2nd - We caught a pretty good size remora yesterday morning. That surprised the heck out of me and I can't quit thinking about what he rode in on....man in the grey suite is my guess.

3rd - We hooked about a 20lbs black drum last Saturday. He picked up half a crab we had rigged on the lightest rod I've got. Fought him for about 20 mins on 4lbs test before he went under the dock and we parted ways.

Fun stuff!

Best,

Skinn30a

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
Lots of Calico's in the surf first thing in the morning and at dusk. Blues are in the bayou. Big Blues.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Scooter don't expect a huge haul, but I've had pretty good success in Eastern Lake. Chicken quarters, necks, and turkey necks make great bait. The trick is to have a bone in them to hold the bait together.

It's getting cold though and that slows them down. Same with the gator, a couple of cold nights and I'll bet it won't be seen til spring.

Finally, PLEASE DO NOT FEED ALLIGATORS. It's not cute, it's illegal, and will back fire on you big time.

jd

Beach Lover
Jun 11, 2008
Atlanta
Scooter don't expect a huge haul, but I've had pretty good success in Eastern Lake. Chicken quarters, necks, and turkey necks make great bait. The trick is to have a bone in them to hold the bait together.

It's getting cold though and that slows them down. Same with the gator, a couple of cold nights and I'll bet it won't be seen til spring.

Finally, PLEASE DO NOT FEED ALLIGATORS. It's not cute, it's illegal, and will back fire on you big time.

It will backfire on the gator too, when it has to be destroyed after losing it's fear of humans and starts looking for handouts!