• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

For The Health Of It

Beach Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
Woodie Long was (is) a friend of mine. This was one fine man. We have lost a great one here today.

"Woodie Be Free" as I would call him.

Please send prayers to his wonderful wife Dot, she is also as good as gold.

Susan Horn

Beach Fanatic
Wow, very sad news. I didn't ever know him well, just enough to say hello and chat a minute if we happened to be at the same place. He was always so gentle and encouraging. His paintings make me smile, always will.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
So sad to hear this. Woodie was one of the people that really made this area wonderful.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
This is truly a sad day. My heart is broken. Words can not express what a wonderful person he was.
So much we could all learn from that way he lived his life and his kindness and generosity. We lived among a legend who was simply a 'house painter". Rest in peace my friend.

Walton Outdoors

Beach Fanatic
Oct 8, 2008
www.WaltonOutdoors.com
So sad indeed

South Walton (and the planet) has lost a good soul. What an incredible illustrator of the simple life. Woody and his incredible artwork will be missed. I will never forget the "gator's gonna get you" ... those that have lived here a while will understand that one! God bless Woody, his beautiful art and his wonderful life! My condolences to Dot and family.

Last edited:

Susan Vallee

Beach Lover
Jun 22, 2006
Gator gonna get you

South Walton (and the planet) has lost a good soul. What an incredible illustrator of the simple life. Woody and his incredible artwork will be missed. I will never forget the "gator's gonna get you" ... those that have lived here a while will understand that one! God bless Woody, his beautiful art and his wonderful life! My condolences to Dot and family.

I saw that shirt the other day! I'll have to dig it out and wear it tomorrow. So incredibly sad. What a gifted soul.
Prayers to his wife and all who loved him. He touched many lives.

criolla man

Beach Comber
Aug 6, 2005
The Bay
Among my memories of Woody was actually from Napa Valley. I was visiting Dick Grace at his winery / home and he wanted to show me one of his most cherished paintings. Not knowing just what Dick had in store for me we walked through his home we turned the corner and there was an Andy Warhol self portrait. I was initially impressed and Dick said, "oh that thing is going to auction". We walked into the next room and I immediately saw what he was really proud of. There hanging prominently on the wall was a Woody Long original.

Woody Long was himself an original. He was so kind. Our hearts are saddened and we are thinking of Dot.