• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
yes, but...

commercial = a lot more than a hotel
and that is what people are afraid of if the land use is changed

Everyone needs to know what the original FLUM document said for this actual parcel; it clearly states that IF this structure is town down, THEN this parcel reverts to the residential zoning which exists on either side. It is grandfathered in as a nonconforming use.

I doubt the Commissioners have read it, and now I can't get the maps to download from the county website.

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
This is not the first thread on this subject. Here's another I started when this issue of a scrivener's error was brought before the BCC.
http://www.sowal.com/bb/local-government/39088-seagrove-villas-commercial-again.html
SJ is correct this is an attempt to change the FLUM, because that is the only recourse left. The court has already ruled that the proposed hotel etc. cannot legally be built on the site as it is currently mapped on the FLUM. So this is an attempt to get around that.
If allowed, it will be just another example of how, with enough money, time and lawyers, you can eventually build what you want in SoWal regardless of what the code says.

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
I wanted to add this: :puke: to my post but the edit button wouldn't let me. This is how it makes me feel. :puke:

MRBS

Beach Lover
Jun 5, 2008
Thanks

Just a note to thank you for the update that the hearing was cancelled. Will hopefully stay above the radar of you good folks in SoWal. Would appreciate an alert if it comes up again; watch for the dead of winter and when people are focused on holidays and family; a frequent time when people try to push things through unnoticed, not that it would slip by y'all.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Just a note to thank you for the update that the hearing was cancelled. Will hopefully stay above the radar of you good folks in SoWal. Would appreciate an alert if it comes up again; watch for the dead of winter and when people are focused on holidays and family; a frequent time when people try to push things through unnoticed, not that it would slip by y'all.

Slip by this group? Are you kidding??:rotfl:

Stay tuned to SoWal.com and you won't miss a thing.;-)