• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

mikecat adjuster

Beach Fanatic
Oct 18, 2007
Seagrove.
www.myspaceherspace.com
This morning as I was playing my acoustic, I peered out the back window to see a deer standing out back. I took a little video and even went around the house to capture a few seconds of video with the wondow screen being in the shot.

A bit later I was out back talking on the phone when low and belhold I screamed like a school girl. And no, not because my ex wife was calling asking for more money, but but because I almost stepped on an Eastern Diamondback.

Recently I have seen maybe 4 or 5 dead pygmy rattlers on my street and a few live ones also. But the Eastern has been more elusive. Well, I got some good video footage of this Eastern. It was a medium sized specimen and as with the others I've encountered, quite docile. I was able to get fairly close and only once did it make me scream as it made a sudden movement toward me as I tracked it through some shrubs. I'll edit that shriek out when I make a little video. When I played the scream back it sounded like a loud crow. Kinda funny actually.

Anyway, the snakes are moving due to the weather. It's beautiful outside isn't it?

Darn, I wish I'd bought the Best of the Emerald Coast earlier. NOw it will cost $10 dollars more at the door. Don't know about that. Anyway, I should be making a video of this encounter soon. Just wanted to make anyone interested know it's coming.

dmarie

Beach Lover
Aug 22, 2007
Eden
Thursday night about 9:30 in historic Point Washington, I saw the most lovely little fawn I have ever seen. I have seen many, many fawns and this had to be the tiniest one ever, covered with tiny white spots. It was coming from the defunct Oaks of Eden development and crossing the street from east to west. I stopped, turned my car slightly so that my lights were still trained on it and it started walking toward me. It actually walked right past my car (and out of the headlights) then turned and headed into the woods where I'm sure mama was waiting. Had I been driving too fast, I could have easily hit the little thing. So folks, drive carefully and please keep your dogs from roaming unchecked, as a pack of dogs could easily take down this little baby. It sure was beautiful!

jd

Beach Lover
Jun 11, 2008
Atlanta
I'm amazed at the number of deer that hang out all along 98 after dark. I counted 6 or 7 Thursday night within a mile stretch or so. At least they seem to stay pretty close to the edge of the trees rather than closer to the road!
And yes, you're right about dogs and fawns. My dog got ahold of a fawn by the hindleg awhile back. The baby let out a scream and before I could get to it to rescue, mama came out of the trees and took care of my dog in short order!!! Fortunately my silly dog had enough sense to let go of her prize and hightail it back to the front porch! Other than some soreness from a head butt to the hip she was ok!!!

mikecat adjuster

Beach Fanatic
Oct 18, 2007
Seagrove.
www.myspaceherspace.com
Funny story JD. I can just see your dog high tailing it away from the scene. As far as the deer beside 98, I am always amazed at the number of them. Last night when returning from the Best of the Emerald Coast event I saw many.

Today when walking trails in Washington Forest there were, as always, numerous tracks in the sand. No snakes today though. Maybe I'll get to making a video with that Eastern Diamondback footage.

jd

Beach Lover
Jun 11, 2008
Atlanta
Funny story JD. I can just see your dog high tailing it away from the scene. As far as the deer beside 98, I am always amazed at the number of them. Last night when returning from the Best of the Emerald Coast event I saw many.

Today when walking trails in Washington Forest there were, as always, numerous tracks in the sand. No snakes today though. Maybe I'll get to making a video with that Eastern Diamondback footage.

Yes, please do make that video, but don't edit out the scream...I think it will add so much to the quality of the video!!!!!!!! :D

dcurlin

Beach Comber
Aug 3, 2008
Thanks for sharing

This morning as I was playing my acoustic, I peered out the back window to see a deer standing out back. I took a little video and even went around the house to capture a few seconds of video with the wondow screen being in the shot.

A bit later I was out back talking on the phone when low and belhold I screamed like a school girl. And no, not because my ex wife was calling asking for more money, but but because I almost stepped on an Eastern Diamondback.

Recently I have seen maybe 4 or 5 dead pygmy rattlers on my street and a few live ones also. But the Eastern has been more elusive. Well, I got some good video footage of this Eastern. It was a medium sized specimen and as with the others I've encountered, quite docile. I was able to get fairly close and only once did it make me scream as it made a sudden movement toward me as I tracked it through some shrubs. I'll edit that shriek out when I make a little video. When I played the scream back it sounded like a loud crow. Kinda funny actually.

Anyway, the snakes are moving due to the weather. It's beautiful outside isn't it?

Darn, I wish I'd bought the Best of the Emerald Coast earlier. NOw it will cost $10 dollars more at the door. Don't know about that. Anyway, I should be making a video of this encounter soon. Just wanted to make anyone interested know it's coming.

We love your videos! I logged on again to show the latest rattlesnake video to my kids. We are dreaming of moving to 30a and love to learn more about the area. Thanks for taking the time to share your adventures with us!