• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

savethefrogs

Beach Crab
Aug 4, 2007
Visited Wk of 9/26. Weather was beautiful and ocean was warm. Couple nites hit lows in 50's made pool swimming brrrr. Watercolor was beautiful and despite the economy and shrunken values, HOA is maintaining the development 100%. Camp Watercolor did not have it together tho, we arranged our day for craft activities scheduled only to find a sign on the door turning us away. I called before we schedule off season to inquire about partipation and was told there would definitely be several kids and several activities going on. It was a ghost town.

Couple Restaurant reports: Angelino's: We had visited two years ago when at Rosemary and loved it. This trip was quite different. Slow service (despite restaurant not being busy), had to remind waitress 3 times(!) about toddler's order. Food was nothing more than average.

Southern Cafe: We had a good meals and good service here. Killer mashed potatoes.

Georges: One of the best lunches I ever had for $10. Wonderful little atmosphere. But stay away from the "self-promoting" t-shirts etc. 2 tiny little toddler t-shirts with only restaurant logo....$50 bucks. Seriously? To promote the business?

JamBones: Went based on threads in this forum. This was without a doubt one of the most dissapointing meals we ever had. SLOW service with only two other tables in the place. Food was incredibly disappointing. 1/3 of rib order not edible due to overcooked bark, we had been steered to half slab because a full was too much to eat (maybe if each bone had edible meat on it). Brisket came with a near chill on it. Add on sauces were very strange as recommended paired. Place had a dark and dirty smell, despite the bottles of sanitizer on the tables.

Made a trip out to Shell Island, highly recommend spending some time at that beach!

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
You're the second person in as many days who has talked about a wonderful meal at George's. I think we'll have to try it sometime this week. Thanks!