• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

bdc63

Beach Fanatic
Jun 12, 2006
Md for now, but dreaming of SoWal
I suspect the area just isn't big enough to fit into Whole Foods' current expansion strategy. Fresh Market in Destin has also had some good produce lately and is probably as close as the area will get to WF in the medium range.

I just stumbled onto "Fresh Market" in my internet search. I will definately be checking that out.

I'm really surprized that one of the big organic grocery chains hasn't set up shop yet in the heart of South Walton. I think the area is plenty big (and affluent) enough to carry the store.

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
I currently live biking distance from Fresh Market. They have fab apples and seeds and nuts are good.

Don't throw out your pots etc.... eating is a journey. You may decide to do this a while and then incorporate some of the cooked foods on occasion. Also, there's raw and then there's raw. I never went in for the whole raw "pizza" "tacos" etc... I just ate/eat raw produce and my seed of choice is Hemp which I buy online.

Good luck - did you go to the thread - I have some pics posted.
G

There is supposed to be a Fresh Market going into Pier Park, which would be awesome! I just don't like driving to Destin during the summer, it is such a nightmare...

Ps. Fresh market is awesome for vegans and carnivores alike!:D They are the only ones locally where I can find my favorite cheese, Drunken Goat! lol

Last edited:

Susan Horn

Beach Fanatic
Don't throw out your pots etc.... eating is a journey. You may decide to do this a while and then incorporate some of the cooked foods on occasion. Also, there's raw and then there's raw.
G

From one who uses raw, vegan, alkalizing and other dietary approaches to wellness, I'd say this is great advice. For me, I haven't found a single diet plan that always makes me feel best. I am constantly adjusting to meet changing stresses, lifestyles, schedules and developmental stages for myself.

Besides, raw and winter just don't go together for me. Too chilly! My hat's off to anyone with the discipline to stay 100% or even 50% raw in cooler seasons.

For The Health Of It

Beach Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
We would certainly welcome your visit to our market in Blue Mountain Beach. For The Health Of It is the area's largest true Natural Food Store. We specialize in the finest certified organic produce, frozen and refrigerated natural foods, organic wines and beers, foods for allergy sufferers, ie; Gluten Free, Dairy free, Vegan ext...

First time shoppers are typically shocked at the amount of Natural foods that we have on hand. We also special order and will have product waiting for your arrival if ordered in advance.

Come check us out or visit our website for a virtual tour. For The Health Of It - Blue Mountain Beach Store

Thanks
For The Health Of It
2217 west Scenic 30A
Blue Mountain Beach
850-267-0558

P.S check out our weekly produce update. This weeks thread on sowal is titled "Pears, Pears and more Pears."

bdc63

Beach Fanatic
Jun 12, 2006
Md for now, but dreaming of SoWal
Besides, raw and winter just don't go together for me. Too chilly! My hat's off to anyone with the discipline to stay 100% or even 50% raw in cooler seasons.

This will be my first winter trying (I've only been at this for about six months). I think my breakfast and lunch routines can survive the winter, but dinners could be a challenge. Hopefully I'll at least stay vegan.

For The Health Of It

Beach Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
Thanks. I've already decided you'll be my first stop ... before my traveling companions drag me through the junk food isle in Publix.

Thank you. We welcome the opportunity to serve your health food needs. If you have any special requests, let me know and we can have product waiting for your arrival.
For The Health Of It

Chandra

Beach Fanatic
We would certainly welcome your visit to our market in Blue Mountain Beach. For The Health Of It is the area's largest true Natural Food Store. We specialize in the finest certified organic produce, frozen and refrigerated natural foods, organic wines and beers, foods for allergy sufferers, ie; Gluten Free, Dairy free, Vegan ext...

First time shoppers are typically shocked at the amount of Natural foods that we have on hand. We also special order and will have product waiting for your arrival if ordered in advance.

Come check us out or visit our website for a virtual tour. For The Health Of It - Blue Mountain Beach Store

Thanks
For The Health Of It
2217 west Scenic 30A
Blue Mountain Beach
850-267-0558

P.S check out our weekly produce update. This weeks thread on sowal is titled "Pears, Pears and more Pears."

FTHOI is also a supporter of local farmers and producers.