• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

kkddbb

Banned
May 13, 2009
recommend crooked island or the intercoastal west of destin. the intercoastal that way has many islands where you can camp. no actual camp grounds though. not much into those.....

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
How primitive are you okay with? If you don't need more than a fire ring and maybe a picnic table, I'd call the Jackson Guard offices and see if they've got any good camping areas that are currently open and not near where hunting is allowed. Will probably not be too expensive on top of the cost of an Eglin Reservation rec pass.

How primitive are you okay with? If you don't need more than a fire ring and maybe a picnic table, I'd call the Jackson Guard offices and see if they've got any good camping areas that are currently open and not near where hunting is allowed. Will probably not be too expensive on top of the cost of an Eglin Reservation rec pass.

Would love to have bath house. Jackson Guard? Where is that?

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Jackson Guard is the environmental/conservation department at Eglin. They're got an office on the east side of Hwy 85 in Niceville. Stop in during business hours, pay something like $7-$9, and sit through a brief movie on 'unexploded ordinance and you', and you can get an Eglin recreational permit, which give you legal access to Eglin parkland including the west jetties in Destin, White Point Park in Bluewater, a couple nice spots on the north side of the bay, and a huge amount of single track road through the reservation.

They'll also explain any other fees for camping, christmas tree cutting, hunting, etc. at the office.

Jackson Guard is the environmental/conservation department at Eglin. They're got an office on the east side of Hwy 85 in Niceville. Stop in during business hours, pay something like $7-$9, and sit through a brief movie on 'unexploded ordinance and you', and you can get an Eglin recreational permit, which give you legal access to Eglin parkland including the west jetties in Destin, White Point Park in Bluewater, a couple nice spots on the north side of the bay, and a huge amount of single track road through the reservation.

They'll also explain any other fees for camping, christmas tree cutting, hunting, etc. at the office.

That sounds pretty good...We are just pressed for time since we have waited till the last minute to decide that we wanted to this. I just don't have to time to go over to Niceville during business hours. But I do like the idea. Thank you