• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Beauty hunter

Beach Fanatic
May 3, 2009
If you are, what the h are you doing and can I come along?

kkddbb

Banned
May 13, 2009
yes, but it hasnt been easy. the last few months have been real scary. all our work is out of the this area and is all gov work and hardly no private sector work. im seeing competitors dropping like flies all across the state.

that said, i know of lots of private sector work that wants to proceed, but is frightened for the future and holding back. and than there are those who cant borrow money on previously negotiated deals, etc etc etc. small biz needs incentive and tax breaks in the worst way, yet the gov is spending money we dont have thus freaking out investors. and im not talking about wall street either.

lisaseer

Beach Lover
May 5, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach FL
It depends on what you are physically able to do. If you are seeking white collar work, then there is no decent work around here, and if it does arise, then it pays around the same as McDonalds. Hummm. I decided to do blue collar work and put up with back pain in order to get a weekly pay check with benefits. I am actually still looking for a position as an Executive Administrative Assistant that pays more than $9 an hour. Haven't found it yet and am thinking about returning to a large city up north. Making friends with key people in the community helps you have favor with the local crowd down here but you really have to pursue developing a large friendship network. I am more of a behind the scenes person, so I have a small group of close friends. Good luck with your job search.

rlesgal

Beach Lover
Jun 27, 2009
Freeport
:rotfl:
HMMM Let's see, 20% cut in Salary Jan 1, 2009, new budget for 2010 OH MY Still at same 20% cut.
:rotfl:
Can you spell B-R-O-K-E!!!!!:dunno:

florida girl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 3, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
The whims of the few have created our tourist industry. Until the voice of many stands up and demands some changes to our local and state policies governing regulations and codes, I suppose it will continue. How many empty buildings before adjustments are made? In fact, I think the answer to our local construction woes could be solved if they allowed industry to come in whereby people could actually earn enough money on their job here, to pay the mortgage! :bang: