• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

mvelotas

Beach Comber
Aug 4, 2009
Miami..dammit!
I posted this on another thread, but it needs to really be on it's own. Just want to see how many of "us 30A ers" agree with me. Maybe I'm looking at this wrong...but, I don't think so:

Greetings from the Miami Hellhole!!
My God! Moving from up there to Miami is an eyeopener! Being down here makes one appreciate not just the beauty and surroundings of Walton County and 30A, but the people, too!

Whoever calls South Florida "paradise" has got to have his butt kicked. This has got to be one of the worst areas in the country to live, work, breathe, and perform any other simple pleasure in life. Traffic is horrible, people are totally obnoxious, and the beaches are filthy and filled with bottle tops and cigarette butts!

Did I mention I didn't like it down here at all??!!

But I shall return!!! :pissed:

Last edited:

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
It's fun to visit there, but I wouldn't want to live there. I have an ex from Miami and the keys and we visited often, most of the time I couldn't wait to get home to Sowal. Hand in there and come home soon!!

kkddbb

Banned
May 13, 2009
exactly, fun to visit but better to leave.

even the economic status between here and the south is just light years different. ive got more to say, but ill keep my mouth shut on this one..

seagrover

Beach Fanatic
Nov 16, 2004
Seagrove Beach, FL
Even the beaches of Palm Beach are crowded and brownish sand - although the water does have a nice color. Don't be telling the peeps of South Fla about our beaches here - please!!!

hippiechick

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Seagrove Beach
Miami

I lived in Keys last year for 6 months, and visited Miami and SouthBeach a bunch. No it is not like here for sure. But it is still a blast. The people watching is so fun. The water is always warm and a gorgeous color. The cuban food is my favorite. We are pretty spoiled here by how unique our area is. But I wouldn't knock other areas of the country. Every city is its own special place.

Even the beaches of Palm Beach are crowded and brownish sand - although the water does have a nice color. Don't be telling the peeps of South Fla about our beaches here - please!!!

mvelotas

Beach Comber
Aug 4, 2009
Miami..dammit!
I lived in Keys last year for 6 months, and visited Miami and SouthBeach a bunch. No it is not like here for sure. But it is still a blast. The people watching is so fun. The water is always warm and a gorgeous color. The cuban food is my favorite. We are pretty spoiled here by how unique our area is. But I wouldn't knock other areas of the country. Every city is its own special place.

Still trying to find out what's good in Miami. Been here over a year now and STILL trying to find this city's 'special place. I do enjoy the Keys, though. Kinda escape place. Very laid back, but its One Way In, One Way Out! Bad on Sundays, except if your in a boat and outrun the traffic. Have to disagree with you somehat, Hippiechick. Just too damn hectic lifestyles down here. This place make NY City look calm. Worst drivers and worst attitude towards non Hispanics!!(Written about in Miami Herald last month!)

mvelotas

Beach Comber
Aug 4, 2009
Miami..dammit!
Why are you in South Florida? Job? Family? What do you do?

Still have my business up there, so I'm back at least once a month. But fell in love and married a Miami girl...by way of Detroit! But she just sold her company and dislikes the area. SHe's been here over 20 years. No place to raise kids AT ALL!! Crime is off the charts now. #3 in total crime since last year. #1 in country in robbery and assault!!

Just have to do it another TWO DAMN YEARS!!! ETERNITY IN MIAMIHELL!!!