• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

LoriM

Beach Crab
Oct 28, 2009
Hello, we soon will be visiting your lovely area for the next 4 months. We are looking for a 2/2 furnished condo with gulf view, balconies off living room and master bedroom, not a lot of chaos in the area, wireless internet, w/d, and a fireplace would be an extra special plus but not a deal breaker.

My daughter and son in law arrived today in your area and we would like to spend some time with them. My son in law has returned from his 2nd tour of duty in Iraq and we would like to spend time together before they send him off to ...possibly Afghanistan. So we would like to be within a half hour drive to his new assignment teaching EOD at Eglin AFB.

Another reason for our transition to 'snowbirding' is the winters are very long in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan so we dont' see very many people in the winter. We are in hopes to find activities and friends, possibly through this forum.

Thanks for the warm welcome from some of you already and I hope to hear that you have the perfect home for our winter visit.

ps..we do like the looks of the Nautilus Condos in Fort Walton Beach. It appears to be out on an island. Can any one give me any information regarding either these condos or the island...is this a place you would suggest?

hope to meet some of you in the sands,
Lori :wave:

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
:welcome:Hope you can find something over this way. Do like Ft. Walton Beach, but we'd love to have you in SoWal. Something in Sandestin or Miramar Beach should fit in your requirement for 30 minutes to Eglin AFB. They are on the western end of South Walton. There will be lots to do for Snowbirds etc. during this Autumn and Winter season. Be sure to check out the activities and events for Walton County. We have lots of history and environmental treasurers to keep you entertained and relaxed.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
We used to live on Okaloosa Island (beach part of Ft. Walton Beach) and my parents stayed at Nautilus on one of their trips to visit us. Pretty much a standard mid-level condo complex, and decor is going to vary from unit to unit based on owner's taste. Okaloosa Island is probably the quietest of the beach areas in the winter, and reasonably close to grocery shopping and such in FWB. Not as many nicer restaurant options in the area compared to Destin, but you do have a fair number of choices.

sullygromo

Beach Lover
Jan 22, 2008
:welcome:

This forum is an excellent resource. The folks on here helped us a lot when we moved down here.

Tom at BV

Beach Lover
May 14, 2006
Plymouth & Petoskey MI
Hello, we soon will be visiting your lovely area for the next 4 months. We are looking for a 2/2 furnished condo with gulf view, balconies off living room and master bedroom, not a lot of chaos in the area, wireless internet, w/d, and a fireplace would be an extra special plus but not a deal breaker.

My daughter and son in law arrived today in your area and we would like to spend some time with them. My son in law has returned from his 2nd tour of duty in Iraq and we would like to spend time together before they send him off to ...possibly Afghanistan. So we would like to be within a half hour drive to his new assignment teaching EOD at Eglin AFB.

Another reason for our transition to 'snowbirding' is the winters are very long in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan so we dont' see very many people in the winter. We are in hopes to find activities and friends, possibly through this forum.

Thanks for the warm welcome from some of you already and I hope to hear that you have the perfect home for our winter visit.

ps..we do like the looks of the Nautilus Condos in Fort Walton Beach. It appears to be out on an island. Can any one give me any information regarding either these condos or the island...is this a place you would suggest?

hope to meet some of you in the sands,
Lori :wave:

Lori & Family,

A big "Yooper" welcome from a Michigan downstater.:wave: It's cold in the UP and your going to enjoy SoWal. We will be in Blue Mtn. Beach in a few weeks enjoying the weather and sunshine over the Thanksgiving holiday. My son went to Michigan Tech & we know how cold it gets up there. Enjoy!!!

Tom

Nicenancy

Beach Comber
Oct 28, 2007
Niceville
www.condoson30a.com
Dear Lori,
We live near Eglin - and I own/rent condos on Thirty-A. It is about a 30 minute drive from where I live in Niceville. We love Thirty-A area because there are no high rises. I do have a condo at San Remo still open - you can see it on my website at www.YourFriendAtTheBeach.com I will introduce you to the other snowbirds there! They are a friendly group - they golf, lunch and toast the sunset together from their balconies overlooking the gulf. I do love our area --- and I know you will too!
Your friend at the beach!
NiceNancy

Nicenancy

Beach Comber
Oct 28, 2007
Niceville
www.condoson30a.com
Love the Fall!

Hello from the beach!
I love the fall here... after a busy season with lots of "friends" at the beach (I rent condos to "friends" from all over the south), I enjoy taking a deep breath and walking the beach now. My snowbird friends will be here soon - look forward to catching up with them. Until then, here's to the cooler temps and the gorgeous sunsets of fall in Sowal.
NiceNancy
www.YourFriendAtTheBeach.com