• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Mightyern

Beach Lover
May 9, 2007
I was also told this over the Summer when I purchased my iphone at the AT&T store. About darn time!

Carol G

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Point Washington
Unfortunately I'm still on Edge :sosad:
I was told it would be today too. Is anyone getting 3G?

FYI, you have to make sure 3G is enabled on your phone...

Settings > General > Network > Enable 3G "On"

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I'm getting 3G, and have been for a year now, but I'm on Verizon network. 8)

verizonmap.jpg

attmap.jpg

4G is Coming to Verizon Wireless

Sometimes it seems like technology advances by the hour. At Verizon Wireless, our goal is to keep you on the cutting edge. Which is why we’re excited to announce the coming of our 4G Network, using a new technology called LTE (Long Term Evolution), which features even higher speeds and inherent global mobility.

What is 4G LTE?

4G LTE is designed to deliver data with higher speed and performance than ever before. That means you can take applications you usually use at home or in the office with you on-the-go. So, whether you're traveling throughout the U.S., or internationally, you still get a mobile broadband experience with easy access and high speed.

With 4G LTE you can download, upload or share videos, socially network, blog, game, e-mail, send picture messages or stay in tune with your favorite music in a way that’s faster and more efficient than ever!
When Will You See 4G In Your Neighborhood?

Glad you asked!
We've already begun field testing our 4G LTE network domestically in select markets. Because 4G LTE is global, we've also worked with key network operators including Vodafone and China Mobile to coordinate field trials outside the U.S.

As for the rest of the Network, we'll keep you posted on when 4G LTE will hit your neck of the woods.
What Will Happen to the 3G Network?

Don't worry! Verizon Wireless will continue to maintain its existing voice and data network as we build the 4G LTE network. No matter what, you'll still experience all the benefits of being a part of America's Largest 3G Network.