• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
WOW...just saw them on the CMA's! AWESOME!!! They did a great job. I know you are very proud Hop, as well you should be. :clap:

Hop

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Dune Allen
www.myspace.com
WOW...just saw them on the CMA's! AWESOME!!! They did a great job. I know you are very proud Hop, as well you should be. :clap:

didn't they tear it up?!?! Everyone was on their feet before the end of the song...so talented.

Hop

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Dune Allen
www.myspace.com
wow-ZB did an outstanding job on that CDB song...tearin' it up is an understatement! :clap:

I so wish they had won last night.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9VzexzySIs"]YouTube- Zac Brown Band- Devil Goes Down To Georgia- CMA Awards 2009.[/ame]

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
Here's my small world story...

1) The much-spoken-of bass player in the video was one of the people who pushed me the hardest to go to Belmont. Once upon a time we played many-a gig together.

2) The first thing I played in public once I arrived at Belmont was "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" with a fiddle player named Jenifer Wrinkle who later became one of my roommates.

3) Jenifer Wrinkle plays fiddle for Martina McBride now. I can't find a video on YouTube right now (if I find it later, I'll post it) but it's my understanding that Jenifer played at the CMAs on Wednesday as well. (That was the scuttlebutt from my Belmont classmates on facebook, anyway.)

4) Clearly, I'm neither the most talented nor the most famous person I know...:blush:

Hop

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Dune Allen
www.myspace.com
Zac Brown Band Earns Three Grammy Nominations!!
Zac Brown Band earned three GRAMMY nominations for Best New Artist, Best Country Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals and Best Country Album.

Earlier this year, Zac Brown Band captured two fan-voted honors taking home the "Top New Vocal Group" Award at the Academy of Country Music Awards and the "USA Weekend Breakthrough Video of the Year" at the CMT Awards for their first single "Chicken Fried." They also received four Country Music Association and three American Music Award nominations in 2009.

Zac Brown Band's platinum-certified, major label debut 'The Foundation' - a mainstay on The Billboard 200 since November 2008 - is out now on Atlantic Records.

The 52nd Annual GRAMMY Awards will air live from STAPLES Center in Los Angeles on Sunday, Jan. 31, 2010 on CBS at 8 p.m. ET/PT. :clap:

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
I was watching last night. Congrats! :clap: