• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

mikecat adjuster

Beach Fanatic
Oct 18, 2007
Seagrove.
www.myspaceherspace.com
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obec8J5hWig"]YouTube- Scarlet King Snake/Another Walk with Mike[/ame]

Hey guys. I don't have much more time here along 30A, but that won't stop me from making my little contributions. I love 30A. And I will be back. I've met some good people here and I've met some wildlife, too.

And that's where I came up with my videos, my 'Another Walk with Mike' series. The past two years here were much like that of my youth. I explored the woods, and being that I was here along 30A, I explored the waters. I was alive, unlike other chapters of my life. I will deeply miss 30A.

This episode of 'Another Walk with Mike' is a little gem, although I think that of them all of my episodes ;-) But this episode includes a snake I hadn't encountered to this point, so it has the added dimension of novelty.

As always, I welcome and greatly appreciate your responses to my vidoes. I've run into so many people in the community who, when I say my name and say that I put vidoes up on sowal, they ask, 'Are you Mikecatadjuster.' I always smile at that. Wow, yes, I guess I am Mikecatadjuster. I am the guy that loves the Nature that exists here in our little piece of paradise. And I love capturing it on film and preparing it for your viewing.

Many of the people who tell me they love my videos don't comment here on the thread, and I understand wanting to be anomymous. But I would certainly welcome you giving me a shout out or making a special comment about my vidoe's content.

My kids want me to move back, but they also want me to stay living here along 30A. They like their visits here. But Daddy wants to see them on a more regular basis. I was a tennis star back in my day and I watched them taking tennis lessons during my last visit. And we played frisbee football. And while they might need me just a little, I need them a lot.

I wish they could be with me here, but life doesn't adhere to my wants and desires. Otherwise their step mommy might be Eva Mendes, or well, something like that. Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy my video and let me know about it.

I think you'll like it!

Grayton Girl

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
Sowal
Wow, Mike, my Snake-Whispering friend (whom I have never actually met)! Beautiful as always! :clap:

I was laughing when you were going through the competing and confusing rhymes for the Coral vs. King snake. :lol: I was doing the same thing as I was watching your video. I am so glad that I now know a neat and easy-to-remember way to identify the true Scarlet King Snake. Thanks!

I am also happy to finally know what you look like. Perhaps I will see you around before you leave :cry: and I'll be able to say "Thanks" in person for sharing your wonderful videos.

BTW, that piece of driftwood looks like the head of a wild boar, don't you think?

Thanks again, and remember, you can continue to send us videos from your new location!

mikecat adjuster

Beach Fanatic
Oct 18, 2007
Seagrove.
www.myspaceherspace.com
I loved that piece of driftwood, too. I wished I'd have brought it home. I personally thought it looked like a dragon's head, but wild boar also suffices as an explanation. I meant to include some other neat footage but it got left off. I had some good stuff of me holding the snake in various ways and I had one sequence where I uncovered an old car hood to be surprised by a huge snake skin, that initially shocked the heck out of me.

Btw, thanks for always writing and saying such supportive things about my video. And yes, it would be nice to meet you, the person who has coined me as the Snake Whisperer. I love that :D . I've used your phrase as a badge of honor since you first labeled me.

Some people had suggested I put some footage in there of me so I did. The weather has been so nice, but honestly, I specifically chose footage with my shirt off for Christy :blink:. I sent the video to her email because I'm not sure how often she checks in here, but having not heard from her yet, I suppose she wasn't too impressed with my pecs :angry:.

Oh well, what can you do. Back to the ol' drawing board. Maybe I'll work on my personality instead ;-)

liquorqueen

Beach Lover
Feb 25, 2007
You know Mikie...the only reason I watch your videos is in the hopes of seeing me a little Mikie in the "newd" :clap:. Love this last video, but especially the parts of you!

Hop

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Dune Allen
www.myspace.com
Thanks Mike! Don't stop posting because you're moving. Have funn with your kids. We'll miss your SoWal walks...but...like you say...you'll be back. Safe travels, Hop

mikecat adjuster

Beach Fanatic
Oct 18, 2007
Seagrove.
www.myspaceherspace.com
You know Mikie...the only reason I watch your videos is in the hopes of seeing me a little Mikie in the "newd" :clap:. Love this last video, but especially the parts of you!

Tell you what. I saw a perfectly shaped Palmetto that I just adored. I think it would look exquisite on me. How about I wear that in my next posting. I don't think a post with full frontal would... well, it might get some hits and some attention, but perhaps for all the wrong reasons :dunno:

But no, it is a bright and beautiful day today. Cool with the sun issuing its flavor upon the ground. I think I'll have to find a path to walk upon. I wondered if maybe you'd want to walk a bit or ride. Oh wait, you are responsible and actually work during sunlit hours. Oh well. Perhaps I'll head that way today searching for paths previously not trekked and pay you a visit at work. Does your workplace have a dress code that excludes Palmetto? :blush:

mikecat adjuster

Beach Fanatic
Oct 18, 2007
Seagrove.
www.myspaceherspace.com
Thanks Mike! Don't stop posting because you're moving. Have funn with your kids. We'll miss your SoWal walks...but...like you say...you'll be back. Safe travels, Hop

Hop, it's been nice to have your replies as well. It makes my thread more well rounded to have input. And I'm sure I'll have some wildife encounters captured on film in Louisiana. Although the lure of seeing 'new' creatures around here was what made my journey's along 30A extra special.

Even here, having seen countless Pygmy Rattlers has had the effect of 'been there, done that'. I am so happy to have seen the Eastern Diamondbacks that I've seen. That was my main desire when I arrived here, regarding wildlife wants, that is. I wanted to see a Canebrake Rattler, but didn't. I loved watching the Hog Nose snakes and their banter.

I've seen plentiful coyote and the marine life was amazing. Actually, some of the marine life was just totally unexpected if not altogether unknown prior to sighting it and googling it.

Last night I thought about how I absolutely do not know what will happen when I get home. I love my kids more than... perhaps more than God loves me. Although I do not want to live where they live, who knows if I don't set up shop there in some capacity and put my heart and effort so intensely into them that years pass before I am out of there.

Who knows if... well, who knows. But I truely thank you all who have offered kind, supportive words to me. You know, I've sent some videos to people around the globe and it's funny a common response I've gotten. I sent some marine footage to a skin diver, I think from Hawaii, who is Internatioanlly known. He wrote back saying it looked like 'my company' was doing some good work and making some excellent videos. 'My Company' lol Wow, though, that left an impression on me. And I've gotten that froma few people. I guess maybe I should have written back and explained that, no, I didn't have a company and that I wasn't amking any money off of doing what I've done. Point is, it solidified to me that I was at least making some quality stuff.

In fact, I've noticed my videos featured on Youtube and noticed that if I put, let's say a certain snake in the search window, that my videos appear above other that have been there for a spell and have many more hits. I think Youtube has recognized that my videos are well intentioned and welll made. In fact, they've contacted me about getting paid for at least one of my vidoes. But I haven't accepted yet. The payment is abysmally small. A hundred thousnad hits might get you a few dollars. Anyway, I'm rambling. Sorry. But those who have followed my videos have inspired me. Thank you! :wave:

dogflyguy

Beach Lover
Sep 24, 2007
Hey Mike
Congrats on another excellent video. Being an avid explorer and outdoorsmen myself i have enjoyed your video's very much and invite you to try some of my favorite spots in Bay county if you ever get the extra time. As for the coral and king snake i still like to tell people to look at them like a traffic light if you see yellow proceed with caution and and red next to it STOP!!!. The main reason is because sometimes us vision challenged people can't see that small head or it's hidden and you may be able to see more of it's body and the yellow and red bands. You have inspired me to do more vidoeing myself and hope to have some vidio's close to as exciting and good as Quality as yours. Good luck with your Family situation, Family means everything to me and i would move anywhere to spend time with them. In am sure you can take some good Gator and snake vidio's to send us from Louisiana . Take care Mikel (Snake Whisperer).

mikecat adjuster

Beach Fanatic
Oct 18, 2007
Seagrove.
www.myspaceherspace.com
Flip Flops

Hey Mike
Congrats on another excellent video. Being an avid explorer and outdoorsmen myself i have enjoyed your video's very much and invite you to try some of my favorite spots in Bay county if you ever get the extra time. As for the coral and king snake i still like to tell people to look at them like a traffic light if you see yellow proceed with caution and and red next to it STOP!!!. The main reason is because sometimes us vision challenged people can't see that small head or it's hidden and you may be able to see more of it's body and the yellow and red bands. You have inspired me to do more vidoeing myself and hope to have some vidio's close to as exciting and good as Quality as yours. Good luck with your Family situation, Family means everything to me and i would move anywhere to spend time with them. In am sure you can take some good Gator and snake vidio's to send us from Louisiana . Take care Mikel (Snake Whisperer).

Great stuff. I'd never heard it put like that. I'd love to learn about your areas in Bay County. I wanted to share a story that made me feel good. I went to grab a bit at Flip Flops earlier and the two girls there were great as always.

One told me how she enjoys going to the library to get online and says she always visits sowal.com and always makes sure to check out my videos. It is things like this that make me feel like a million bucks. She hadn't seen this newest video yet but will soon. Shea has some great help there at Flip Flops, and I'm not just saying that because they like my vidoes ;-)

Btw, that Southwestern burger was outrageously good. Yum! I put a little ketchup with some hot sauce on the side and dipped the burger with every bite and yum! Flip Flops is closing Saturday. Let these ladies take care of you before then. They are great!