• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

croixbum

Banned
Jun 15, 2009
West Point, MS
We found this on the beach, does anyone know what it is. Video is not real good, done with a small camera.

[ame="http://s718.photobucket.com/albums/ww183/ewodom/?action=view&current=008-1.flv"]
th_008-1.jpg
[/ame]

mikecat adjuster

Beach Fanatic
Oct 18, 2007
Seagrove.
www.myspaceherspace.com
Sea Bat

That is a Sea Bat or Sea Slug. I actually have some underwater video of several. They emit a purple ink like an octopus. I forget the video I have the Sea Slug in, but... well, I have that video posted on sowal and on youtube.

I'm not sure the best way to search. Tell you what, here it is... [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoCG3A97AFs"]YouTube- Uncovering Octopus and Chasing Dolphin[/ame] I heard a childs voice in the background of that video. I'm sure they would love the footage, too. Enjoy!

Also, if you like underwater video, check out my other ones including 'The Gulf is Alive', which is a fantastic video. There is some great stuff in there and in my other ones. If you like willife in the woods, particularly snakes, I have some great footage from this area also.

But I have live footage of what you have pictures there in the video I linked up to from my youtube account. Feel free to go on there and rate my videos 5 stars :D if you like them.

croixbum

Banned
Jun 15, 2009
West Point, MS
That is a Sea Bat or Sea Slug. I actually have some underwater video of several. They emit a purple ink like an octopus. I forget the video I have the Sea Slug in, but... well, I have that video posted on sowal and on youtube.

I'm not sure the best way to search. Tell you what, here it is... YouTube- Uncovering Octopus and Chasing Dolphin I heard a childs voice in the background of that video. I'm sure they would love the footage, too. Enjoy!

Also, if you like underwater video, check out my other ones including 'The Gulf is Alive', which is a fantastic video. There is some great stuff in there and in my other ones. If you like willife in the woods, particularly snakes, I have some great footage from this area also.

But I have live footage of what you have pictures there in the video I linked up to from my youtube account. Feel free to go on there and rate my videos 5 stars :D if you like them.

Thanks, yep I believe that was what it was. that is the first one that we have seen, the next morning they were everywhere and then didnt see any more. That is what we like about the beach, never know what new thing you are going to see.

dmarie

Beach Lover
Aug 22, 2007
Eden
Mike, you are just awewome! Thank you so much for sharing such wonderful encounters with nature that most of us will never experience firsthand. I'm sure your children will grow up with such a hightened appreciation for the wonders of nature. Thank you

mikecat adjuster

Beach Fanatic
Oct 18, 2007
Seagrove.
www.myspaceherspace.com
Mike, you are just awewome! Thank you so much for sharing such wonderful encounters with nature that most of us will never experience firsthand. I'm sure your children will grow up with such a hightened appreciation for the wonders of nature. Thank you

dmarie, I wish I could go to sleep tonight hearing your voice repeating that first line of your message over and over again... "Mike, you are just awesome." It has such a nice ring to it! :D

Thanks so much for being so free with your kindness. Looking back at that video and others of mine, it makes me miss this place already. I have gone out at night, in the cold, and walked the beach of late. I've also peeked in at the rolling waves while out and about, and I marveled that I actually lived here.

For two whole years I traveled the woods, paddled the waters and free dove below the waves. It was all so incredible. But I'll be gone Monday.:cry:

I think I may write some parting words somewhere here on sowal. Might have to. But thanks so much, dmarie. I always liked when you and others validated my adventures on film. Thanks from the bottom of my heart. :love:

KISH7374

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
CLEVELAND,OHIO
dmarie, I wish I could go to sleep tonight hearing your voice repeating that first line of your message over and over again... "Mike, you are just awesome." It has such a nice ring to it! :D

Thanks so much for being so free with your kindness. Looking back at that video and others of mine, it makes me miss this place already. I have gone out at night, in the cold, and walked the beach of late. I've also peeked in at the rolling waves while out and about, and I marveled that I actually lived here.

For two whole years I traveled the woods, paddled the waters and free dove below the waves. It was all so incredible. But I'll be gone Monday.:cry:

I think I may write some parting words somewhere here on sowal. Might have to. But thanks so much, dmarie. I always liked when you and others validated my adventures on film. Thanks from the bottom of my heart. :love:
Mike, wishing you the best of luck. It has been a ray of sunshine and eager anticipation with your videos. Hopefully the beach will bring you back and you will be able to have your children with you. It looked like your son was a chip of the old block and that is great to see. Wishing you all the best in the future and maybe we will someday hook up and be able to snorkle that second sand bar. Dan

mikecat adjuster

Beach Fanatic
Oct 18, 2007
Seagrove.
www.myspaceherspace.com
I haven't had the courage to break out into the cold water, as I do not have a wet suit. But being that the water was exquisitely clear and it is my last day here, I just had to.

The first 30 seconds or so was abysmal. I challanged myself to catch my breath and finally did. Almost immediately I came across a Sea Bat, like the one pictured on this thread. I then came across a healthy Puffer Fish. I shot video of each. Then I came across a wide assorment of shells that was incredible. I left them alone and concentrated on a Flounder which I also videoed.

I wanted to get to some of my even better spots because after what I'd seen already, I just knew what I would discover would be even more epic. But, I the cold began to overtake me and I decided I would exit the water after only about a 20 or 30 minute excursion.

I don't have time to put together what I saw in a video, but I plan on doing so soon. I hope. I'm not sure if I'll have Internet access with this computer for a while. Anyway, it was a good time out at sea. I just needed that one last look down below. It was moments treasured.