• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Sheila

SoWal Insider
Let me see if I have this straight: his wife bashes in the rear window to try to pull him out. She pulled him through the length of the car out the back window? I'm sorry, I don't get it.

I think you get it. It's a personal matter and really should be left to that. Life happens. I admit I was confused at first, now that I know the score. I'm done.

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
Well, these are the rumors. Keeping in mind that Elin Nordegen, his wife, has always seemed very classy and is from a prominent Swedish family. Always seemed like a good match for Tiger, not knowing much about her of course.

But the latest from TMZ and the National Enquirer are that:

1) Tiger was having an affair (in the Enquirer this week)
2) Elin confronted him about it that night
3) She scratched his face up
4) He bolted
5) He started driving away and she came after the back of the car with a golf club
6) He was distracted (obviously) and hit the fire hydrant and the tree
7) He has been taking prescription painkillers, explaining why he was a bit out of it

Of course, this is TMZ we are talking about, but none of it is that surprising. She gave up a lot to stay home with him in Orlando and raise two babies. It is hard. She went bananas. I'm not excusing it but I might have too.

Still, I'm betting the marriage will be saved.

From wikipedia:

Currently the World No. 1, he was the highest-paid professional athlete in 2008, having earned an estimated $110 million from winnings and endorsements.[7]
In November 2003, Woods became engaged to Elin Nordegren, a Swedish model. They were introduced during The Open Championship in 2001 by Swedish golfer Jesper Parnevik, who had employed her as an au pair. They married on October 5, 2004 at the Sandy Lane resort on the Caribbean island of Barbados and live at Isleworth, a community in Windermere, a suburb of Orlando, Florida. They also have homes in Jackson, Wyoming, California, and Sweden. In January 2006, they purchased a $39 million residential property in Jupiter Island, Florida, which they intend to make their primary residence.

Yeah, that sounds hard. Being married to Tiger must really suck. ;-)

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
Hmm. No, but I look at it from the perspective that she was a nanny so even though she can afford a phalanx of her own nannies, she appears to be the type to keep her kids close. Husband travels a lot. It is hard to drag the kids around, so they are isolated from each other. Tough no matter what or how much you have, at least to some degree.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Cadillac? That is very suspicious. The last time I saw him, he was sponsoring Buick vans!

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
There's more than one tiger in the family.;-) All I can say is, "You go gurl" opening a can of Swedish mean-ass on him. He probabby popped off at her, with the whole "I'm Tiger Woods and you are lucky and what if I did cheat" and she was all, "Let me show you how the golf balls feel" and he ran like a little gurl.:rotfl:

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
There's more than one tiger in the family.;-) All I can say is, "You go gurl" opening a can of Swedish mean-ass on him. He probabby popped off at her, with the whole "I'm Tiger Woods and you are lucky and what if I did cheat" and she was all, "Let me show you how the golf balls feel" and he ran like a little gurl.:rotfl:

:lolabove: so bad, but still so funny

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
:lolabove: so bad, but still so funny
I know.......:funn:I'm not meaning to make fun of domestic violence in any way, but no one that I know ever lunged for her husbands face and chased him outside with a golf club because he said, "I love you honey and you are the only one." You know he said something that put her over the top or did something to her that made her snap imho.....

Last edited:

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
I know.......:funn:I'm not meaning to make fun of domestic violence in anyway, but no one that I know ever lunged for her husbands face and chased him outside with a golf club because he said, "I love you honey and you are the only one." You know he said something that put her over the top or did something to her that made her snap imho.....

Ok, maybe NOW I get it! :lol:

As a disclaimer (as often needed on this board ;-)), none of us are making light of domestic abuse.

:wave:

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
It is serious, we are all sympathic to her and the children, but every women that has ever been cheated on, finds some irony in the fact she took a golf club to him. If mine ever cheated, I seriously doubt he would get the point if I hit him over the head with a box of cereal (Kelloggs). Kat said she would have to take a cast iron skillet to Doug.

We drove by the Tigger's lair on our way to lunch and started to take a photo of the many media taking photos of them coming and going. It made us think how one very foolish action causes so much change.

Last edited:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Do you think she consciously chosse the club, or was it just handy? :dunno:

My guess is that Tiger has more than one set of clubs and has golf items everywhere.

Hell hath no fury Tiger! :angry: