• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Goatfeathers SRB has been open. It has been packed all weekend. Had me some good oysters the other night. It was open a couple weeks ago when I was down, too...

No it is still closed. And I did read in the paper that Goatfeathers in BMB is having their 18th annual seafood sale, selling at cost, just fyi.
I am really missing Goatfeathers Seagrove. I even dreamed last night that they had reopened and had all inventory except seafood. :dunno:Since it closed, we don't cook at home any more. We eat all of our meals out. It was just so convenient to pick up boiled shrimp for lunch or fish to grill for dinner. Goatfeathers being closed has majorly changed our beach experience.:sosad:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I am really missing Goatfeathers Seagrove. I even dreamed last night that they had reopened and had all inventory except seafood. :dunno:Since it closed, we don't cook at home any more. We eat all of our meals out. It was just so convenient to pick up boiled shrimp for lunch or fish to grill for dinner. Goatfeathers being closed has majorly changed our beach experience.:sosad:

Have you tried Shrimpers on 98? I am a huge fan of their steamed shrimp and homemade crab cakes.

lifesabeach

Beach Lover
May 16, 2006
BMB
Goatfeathers in SRB is closed, as it is every year, for the month of Dec. We will be open for business as usual on Dec 26th. Repairs/Renovations are done during this anual break. Happy Holidays!

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
Her note said SRB. They have closed for about a month every year since I've been here.
I can't speak for the one in Seagrove.

cabythesea

Beach Lover
Jan 16, 2009
Goatfeathers Seagrove

Her note said SRB. They have closed for about a month every year since I've been here.
I can't speak for the one in Seagrove.

Word on the street is Goatfeathers Segrove will re-open, hopefully by year end. They had looked for another Seagrove location but will probably re-open at the current location. It would be cool if they took over the old Wheelhouse - but I don't think that's going to happen.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Here is the official word direct from their signboard at BMB. They will re-open there on Dec. 26th. They close every year right after Thanksgiving and open usually right after Christmas.