• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Don't worry Mike - Sowal is like the Hotel California - you can check out, but you can never really leave! :D

I am sure you will find yourself visiting often!

she is telling the truth Mikecat!

one of the greatest things about SoWal.com is its people posting from all over the place. and friends we make from all over the place. I hope you will remain a friend posting from another place - sharing your experiences with us all.

I hope you will keep talking and sharing your adventures. Louisiana swamp sounds like a really beautiful place to explore, document, and share with your online (axe murderer:D) friends.

enjoy your journey back home... good luck... but not good bye!

sisters4

Beach Lover
Jul 19, 2005
Mike leaving

I popped on here tonight (now I know I should do it more) and found this long post from Mike??? Who is Mike? I guess since I don't go on here enough I have missed some great writings by him. What is it about it there? Mike, you are so lucky to have lived there. As you have heard before, it will always be there. That is comforting to me. When I have a bad day I imagine the silky air, beautiful beach, crystal clear water and am reassured that if I need to get there it isn't that far away. I live in a beautiful place and it gives me much joy and comfort but I love SoWal. Mike, you may be a young man but I am here to tell you there is nothing better than savoring as much as your children as you can. You sound like a deeply feeling, loving person and your children are lucky to have you and will be luckier still to have you so close at hand. It sounds like you have had so many adventures there. Take good care.

mikecat adjuster

Beach Fanatic
Oct 18, 2007
Seagrove.
www.myspaceherspace.com
Condensation formed in my eyes as I've read these wonderful responses. And no, the condensation is not from the rain that pelted down onto my furniture as I drove.

This move has been a logistical nightmare ripe with many shortcomings that I will not delve into here among all the positive energy you all are giving me :D. And knowing I'm near my kiddies and reading these comments and comments posted to my personal inbox make me feel... well, like I should have been invited over to your houses for tea a time or two :D.

I really do wish I'd cultivated more in that area, making more and deeper friends. Sometimes I just spent too much time in the woods and waters. Christy at Blue Mountain Liquors was someone I use to go bother a lot at her job when I needed a 'friend kick'. Of course, I made advances at her during my visits, but while I'm good with words at my computer, I am not James Bond smooth in person. Don't get me wrong, I'm hot and suave and all, but kinda clumsy too, sometimes.

And as for as finding that special someone, I concluded the best place to cruise for chicks along 30A was at the Tom Thumb in Seagrove. I just didn't have the patience, though. And even when I finally did have that perfect specimen round the corner in all her glory, with perfect olive skin, dynamic bone structure and an absolutely gorgeous body, I had like 12 rolls of toilet paper wrapped up in my arms. I almost caught her laughing. But have you priced Tom Thumbs no-name brand? It's like 88 cents a four pack. I mean, you can't beat that. And it's two-ply. I mean seriously, if she can't appreciate a man who sees a bargain like that, was she really meant for me?

She stood behind me in line, too. And yes, I had a cool word or two I wanted to deliver to her, but with all those rolls, I just couldn't quite work up the nerve. Oh well, her loss. I wonder if she'll think of me next time she is running low on tissue and needs someone to run to the store for her? Well, probably not, but it's the moral of the story that's important... :blush:

Well, I honestly love you guys. If I ever get back there, please push me to go and have coffee or tea, or meet for a game, or watch a sunset on your back porch, or have me play my guitar and sing for you, or let my kids and yours play together, or feed me or let me feed you, cajun style. Or give me a good job where I can prove myself, or give me a good job and introduce me to your daughter ;-)

And I will try to keep in touch. Please feel free to write to my private message box to remind me. I'm a sucker for 'good people' who show me attention.

Much Love :love:

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Aww Mike, I'm just reading this thread and remembering when you first came aboard. I've enjoyed your videos and stories, and laughing about the book and the comments you got your first time out. Those were the days weren't they? Take care and good luck wherever your future lies. There are plenty of snakes all over the place....so post videos of your new adventures with them and your kids. We'll miss you! :wave:

KISH7374

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
CLEVELAND,OHIO
Mike, you are truely a class act. I just wish I had the opportunity to meet you and talk nature, woods and ocean. Good luck in your new location and just remember those of us who really enjoyed your comments and videos. Dan

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Nothing like being near, your babies!

Mike,

I, too, have really enjoyed your videos, pix, ect..:clap:. I admire your decision and can personally relate! It's wonderful, that you will now be close by for your kids, when they need Daddy!:love: They will love you even more, for it!

I chose to move here last summer, to be near my 5 yr. old, grandson! Commuting back and forth over the years, wasn't the same as ALWAYS being close by!

I wish you success in your job search and we would all love to hear, how things are going! By the way, where did you relocate, too? You never know what contacts that a good SOWAL member might have, in your new city!;-)

Sincerely,
Diane:D

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
I offer an invitation to you Mike

Easy now that you're miles away. I still owe you a chance to see some Whitetail antlers I've collected over time that are quite impressive. Let's look them over next time you're in the area. PM me.

I'm actually moving a European mount to my office at the showroom praying I don't offend anyone with it. It is really cool to look at......and that was always the whole point of so much that you brought to Sowal.

You wanted to share what you saw on a regular basis with others who only hoped to see such things. You brought out the "kid" in many of us who may have lost the adventurous spirit in lieu of survival economics. I walk more in the woods here because of you. I photographed a snake earlier today because of you.

Life's detours are merely a reason to create a map of points called memories that we take with us to share with others as we gain opportunity to discuss why we are who we are and I would venture that you are just a few points ahead of many of us who enjoy being awakened to the real point of these journeys...memories. One of the few things you can always share without losing.

Many of us, especially me, appreciate beyond words your efforts to awaken the curious child within us and I am a better person because of reading of your own experiences.

Carry on, my friend, in your newest lands to discover. Do not forget to share them. We await tales of your next adventure.

Last edited:

mikecat adjuster

Beach Fanatic
Oct 18, 2007
Seagrove.
www.myspaceherspace.com
Guys, this is just amazing to read what you've wrote. I feel like a darn King. And not in a swollen head kinda way. Believe me, I needed the things that you've written, and badly. I've been questioning a lot about myself. For instance, I've thought about how many of my friends who never went to college have been making well over 100 grand a year for years, working in the oil field while I've been struggling to find meaning, much less money.

But your words are priceless to me. It makes me feel like I've had an impact. And Ash, I had your number on my refrigerator up until the last of the packing process. I fully intended to call you and go by and look at your mounts. I also thought, as I realized I mismanaged time, just to call and have you come see my findings and interesting things. Sorry I didn't. You've been good to me and offered some uplifting words for me.

And Sunspot Lady, I easily remember the comments I got at the beginning. I fought back, too. I tend not to stand by and be bashed without putting up my fists. I remember getting the feeling that some didn't quite want an Erotic Author in their midst, like I might be a scorn on the community or something. I may be biased, but I feel like I am a special kind of person. Yes, I have my faults, but most of them are aimed at me and don't negatively impact others. Btw, Kish7374, thanks for formulating such a kind message. 'Class Act' is about as nice a thing as you could say to me. I am honored to have you say that.

To read the wondeful sentiments here makes me want to copy this thread and save it forever. Maybe I could show it in a job interview ;) Or maybe as depression invades my psyche I could refer to this and know that what I do matters to other. And again I'd feel connected to something greater than myself. I'll show this to my kids tomorrow so they can see that people like their Daddy.

Oh, and Diane 4145, I am back in Houma Louisiana. I can get a job here fairly easily, although the recession is just beginning to hit the area. Real Estate had never been affected but has supposidly dropped now about 4% from the highs. The oil field has slowed pretty strongly now, so unless thinngs change in that arena, other segments will experience the trickle down.

Love and kisses to all. I will be out with my video camera, I suppose, sometime soon. Please, pretty please, with sugar on top, write to me anytime. I'd love to make stronger connections with those who want me in their life in some capacity.

Merry Christmas!