• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

goeligo

Beach Comber
Nov 12, 2008
I heard from an owner yesterday that this Rental Company has closed and that they are being taken over by Sterling Resorts? The same owner said that many people have not been paid for September and October rentals . Has anyone else heard this to be true?

jeffd10

Beach Crab
Oct 13, 2008
Hi
I own a housekeeping business and cater to the 30 A area. Here is some information on the sale.

Sterling Resorts acquires leading 30A rental management firm | sterling, leading, 30a - Real estate - TheDestinLog.com

Sterling Resorts has taken a major step in its aggressive growth plan with the acquisition of Beach Rentals of South Walton, featuring more than 200 properties along scenic 30A between Destin and Panama City Beach. “This and future acquisitions allow us a portfolio quality and size to attract even more guests,” said Sterling Resorts President Tracy Kundey of the Nov. 14 acquisition. “We will continue to enhance owners’ partnership with Sterling by carefully considering new acquisitions and units along the gulf coast, some of which we are pursuing at this time.”
Under the agreement, Beach Rentals of South Walton will keep its name and focus on residences along 30A, but will benefit from Sterling’s infrastructure.
If there are owners looking for a new rental management company please give me a call or send me a E-mail. I know of one offering some major discounts right now.

Thanks
Jeff Dawson "Jeffs Cleaning Services LLC"
850-319-3581
Jeffscleaning@gmail.com

Last edited:

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
I've been with Beach Rentals of South Walton for several years now and just met with the new manager of BRSW/Sterling resorts. I've decided to stay with Sterling/BRSW (they said they're going to keep the BRSW name) for these reasons:

1. The new manager seems extremely competent. She was great to talk with, could articulate her plans for the future, owned up to the problems they were dealing with, has a business background, is from the area (at least for several years so is invested in the area), and is full of energy and is professional.
2. Sterling has sent me two letters so far explaining the transition and their plans for the future. I like their emphasis on really servicing the renters well (there will be nice new services in that area), communicating well with the owners)
3. I like the BRSW building and it's well situated in Seagrove for our Cottages at the Cottages at Camp Creek.
4. I'm not sure, but I think that the overall fee structure may go down so I may be taking home a little more money from the rentals (again, I'm not sure of this yet).
5. Sterling seems experience with what they do, and seem very invested in marketing BRSW rentals and South Walton.
6. I really don't want to change to a new agency now.

For me, in addition to the things I mentioned above, a real test of a rental agency is how well they clean and maintain their rentals, as well as the quality of the linens (the sheets have to be in good shape and fit the beds well so that they don't come off the edges at night when you're sleeping). I get all my rentals from VRBO (which means a lower fee paid to Sterling), but it would be good to see Sterling bring in more rentals to the area as well.

Right now, I'm very optimistic about Sterling/BRSW because the new manager/company ownership seem to have a lot of good ideas about how to upgrade services for guests and for marketing. And, frankly, I was happy with BRSW before they ran into problems, so Sterling has a good base to build from.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
If Mary Brown is no longer employed or an owner of Beach Rentals isn't she no longer eligible to serve on the TDC board?