• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
I've heard Chan's will be serving a lot of the fantastic food that it is already serving at its two locations, one being next to the Publix at Grand Boulevard near Sandestin and Miramar Beach. Went in there for Thanksgiving and bought some great cheese for a side dish. Their sandwiches and other food items are first class yummy. Dinner was from another world/country -- very special -- very nice. Our international guests and residents will really appreciate. Chan's desserts are wonderful and I'm thinking about a big cup of coffee and a chocolate dessert will make for a happy day. :D Yes, there will be wonderful wines, but Hot and Cold also had wine available. I didn't buy wine at Hot and Cold, but saw it displayed. But, hey this thread is about Vintij being at Seaside where Vous was. Someone will probably start a Chan's WaterColor thread soon.

Last edited:

NOLA TRANSPLANT

Beach Lover
Jul 24, 2007
Well IMHO, at the end of the day there is SO much , "I heard this and I heard that, I happen to know a special insider, Ive seen the paper work" yadda yadda yadda............
Lets just sit back and see what really happens, because if ANYONE will recall, the vous has been going to close for the last year, "oh this is there last night, oh this is there last week,"..........
Lets just see what happens............

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Well, as NOLA pointed out, noone from any of the ACTUAL restaurants concerned has confirmed anything - it's just us repeating stuff. :blush:

Considering the economy (and our tendency to gossip), maybe we should have an informal rule that you don't post anything about a business closing until they actually do...............and let the owner or their chosen rep be the one to post.

Hate for our speculation to be the straw that broke a business's back during hard times.

Joe Complete

Beach Lover
Nov 15, 2004
Taxahassee FL/Watercolor
Vintij will need a liquor license to succeed at Seaside. Beer and wine alone won't cut it.

I disagree as Rendezvous was an extremely successful establishment selling beer and wine only. Their markup was very high. Rendezvous did NOT close by choice, nor did they fail financially, rather Seaside refused to renew their lease.

NE SoWaller

Beach Lover
Jan 10, 2008
Omaha, Nebraska
I disagree as Rendezvous was an extremely successful establishment selling beer and wine only. Their markup was very high. Rendezvous did NOT close by choice, nor did they fail financially, rather Seaside refused to renew their lease.

Is it just me, or can Seaside not stay out of its own way sometimes. It's still a great place, and the only place we ever vacation, but some of the changes and decisions over the years don't make much sense to me.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Is it just me, or can Seaside not stay out of its own way sometimes. It's still a great place, and the only place we ever vacation, but some of the changes and decisions over the years don't make much sense to me.

It depends on the decision - there is often quite a bit more to the story/balance sheet that we don't know, so what seems odd may be logical.

Of course, I probably shouldn't comment, as I don't understand the logic of my own actions most of the time. :blush:

mvelotas

Beach Comber
Aug 4, 2009
Miami..dammit!
Exactly correct! I helped Jean-Noel with his equipment packages from when he had the coffee/wine bar back in the art area. There was no financial problem with CR. He just ended up on the wrong side of the Seaside establishment. Vintij is nice and a good wine bar, but I doubt they will ever be able to capture the excitement Jean and Wendy brought to the Seaside area. Moved a little too fast and loud for the decision makers, I suppose.

Bad move because a lot of the yearly visitors went to see and join JN, not for the wine. He brought a certain "wildness" and fun to an otherwise boring Seaside nightlife. But they still have the Pearl shop.

Bad move, Mr Davis. We all have our egos with which we need to learn to deal.