• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

aggieb

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2007
ibx
anyway, i don't live in a trailer, i don't do meth but i like subway if i'm in a hurry and it's much better than mcd's. what a convenience if you're staying on 30a (seacrest or seagrove, which is usually where we stay)
now back to stereotyping who eats subway.:roll: how'd i know it would get to this.

Last edited:
I know there are trailers in Seagrove - I live in one!

So....by utilizing the law of syllogism, your original post stated "do we really want cabythesea coming to Seagrove for an inexpensive lunch?"

I am not sure of the answer for this.... ;-):dunno:

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
I hear they pay their people minimum wage and provide no benefits. Now maybe they aren't recruiting MIT or Harvard graduates, but really - can this be tolerated on 30A? I don't care about the quality or value of what they are offering - do we really want people who may live in a trailer coming to Seagrove for an inexpensive lunch?
Think about it...

Fortunately, mine's not broken. ;-) I got it.

sarcasm+meter.jpg

NOLA TRANSPLANT

Beach Lover
Jul 24, 2007
I hear they pay their people minimum wage and provide no benefits. Now maybe they aren't recruiting MIT or Harvard graduates, but really - can this be tolerated on 30A? I don't care about the quality or value of what they are offering - do we really want people who may live in a trailer coming to Seagrove for an inexpensive lunch?
Think about it...

With so many local restaurants and other businesses struggling to keep there doors open these days, I don't think we can sit at the side streets and say you may come in because you live in a nice home, and you may not come in because you live in a trailer, who are we to say that????

The bubble that some people of 30-A thinks protects them isnt there anymore.

That bubble burst when some people of 30-A allowed cheap labor to come onto 30-A and build there homes, and do there cleaning.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Subway has quietly been on 30-A (and being a good neighbor) for years - so a change of location (into an existing building) isn't a big deal.

I never ate there (I will eat at a Subway if fast food is necessary on a road trip or in an airport), but I don't have a problem with how they do business or them being on 30-A.

It's also one of the few "fast food" restaurants where former employees and people in the know from the food production industry will eat - the acid test IMO.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
I will miss them. I can't blame them for moving, the location they currently occupy just does not have enough warm bodies milling around to make a fat profit. They will do a brisk business in Seagrove. By the way, the store and environs were always meticulously clean, cleaner than some of our beloved 'slow food' outlets!

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
Subway in BMB/Grayton has always been a favorite of the high school crowd. It was somewhere they could afford to get a halfway decent meal quickly and in a clean environment. Those $5 foot longs are a great deal and if you split one with your friend, wow! It was closer to the high school in BMB/Grayton and on the way home from work for my daughter. She will definitely miss it being in the old location. The new location should get them a bit more traffic.