• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

NotnKansas

Beach Lover
Aug 3, 2006
SOWAL, FL
OMG. I'm so glad that I do not live on 30A anymore. But I know next time I'm running over there...where I will go :)

Burks

Beach Comber
Aug 7, 2008
Point Washington
I just moved here a short while ago in old Seagrove, for the past week my wife and 7 year old have been stopped from going into Seaside via Grove by a Lady that always has a hat on and a dog telling them they have to go down 30A, THIS IS A PRIVATE ENTRANCE, anybody know if in fact it is private, she is very rude

seaside's orginal PUD (planned unit developement) allows those streets to be open for ever.....so telll the lady in a nice way to kiss off and walk the streets.....you have the same rights to walks those streets as she does.:cool: ps.....watercolor is the same

SSPatrol

Beach Comber
Dec 10, 2009
Seaside

I just moved here a short while ago in old Seagrove, for the past week my wife and 7 year old have been stopped from going into Seaside via Grove by a Lady that always has a hat on and a dog telling them they have to go down 30A, THIS IS A PRIVATE ENTRANCE, anybody know if in fact it is private, she is very rude
The street is not a "private entrance" but the intire Seaside Develoment is all private. Seaside Security can have you leave at anytime for any reason. All the pavilions at each street is private and owned by the home owners on each street. And should be used by owners and guest only. The home owners have to pay for the upkeep and maint of each pavilion. the only open pavilions are the ones near Bud and Allys. one is the tall white one and the one behind The Shrimp Shack. Oh and the lady is on the HOA board. You can go into Seaside and ride or walk around and have a good day just stay off the private areas thats all.

soappedaler

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2006
I have the same problem near my house. There's a defunct subdivision and sandy road that connects Hilltop to Allen Loop. Very nice short cut for my bike when the sandy road isn't too dry. Well part of the sandy road is private, has one house on it. Jimmy Crawford has stopped me a couple of times and told me I could not ride my bike on the road, he doesn't live on the road but claims to have permission to use and patrol it.
Verified that part of the road is private with the property appraiser's office, so much for walkable-bikable communities.

NOLA TRANSPLANT

Beach Lover
Jul 24, 2007
The street is not a "private entrance" but the intire Seaside Develoment is all private. Seaside Security can have you leave at anytime for any reason. All the pavilions at each street is private and owned by the home owners on each street. And should be used by owners and guest only. The home owners have to pay for the upkeep and maint of each pavilion. the only open pavilions are the ones near Bud and Allys. one is the tall white one and the one behind The Shrimp Shack. Oh and the lady is on the HOA board. You can go into Seaside and ride or walk around and have a good day just stay off the private areas thats all.

Once again,

Seaside welcomes your dollars but not you.
If you aint a spending you cant come in........

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com

Is the security department actually called the "SS Patrol"?

SSPatrol

Beach Comber
Dec 10, 2009
Is the security department actually called the "SS Patrol"?
Dont think so The SS in my name stands for Sandy Shores.
Its turtle patrol
But I hear that they are going back to the SWAT type pants and shirts. ?? You know. Like before.
The new Security Director, "Roxanne" is a short woman with spike hair and men’s shoes from New Orleans.
A 20-year cop. By the way if you ever need her the # is 850 259-1244 or 231-5057

Last edited: