• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

bentley williams

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
SoWal
The street is not a "private entrance" but the intire Seaside Develoment is all private. Seaside Security can have you leave at anytime for any reason. All the pavilions at each street is private and owned by the home owners on each street. And should be used by owners and guest only. The home owners have to pay for the upkeep and maint of each pavilion. the only open pavilions are the ones near Bud and Allys. one is the tall white one and the one behind The Shrimp Shack. Oh and the lady is on the HOA board. You can go into Seaside and ride or walk around and have a good day just stay off the private areas thats all.

"just stay off the private areas thats all" - according to you and Seaside, all of Seaside is private property. That's the whole rub. The HOA doesn't want outsiders and yet they want their merchants to survive, and they want rents and property values to be high. You can't have it both ways. Something's got to give. The overall driving force of Seaside is rental and sales income. If you are exclusionary, income will go down. You are risking killing the golden goose. Apparently the members of the HOA think the reputation of Seaside will keep people renting and buying there, so they can therefore act like ogres. I hate to insult every owner, but if you allow the controlling members of the HOA to represent you, then every single member is at fault.

It really boils down to a simple question - do Seaside owners and management want to continue to be good neighbors and part of the heart of our community, or do they want to send customers, potential homeowners, and renters elsewhere?

Seaside can be a shining example of a special place where memories are made and dreams come true, or not.

bentley williams

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
SoWal
The Residential Seaside and Commercial Seaside are two different places.
Run by two different outfits

Ah, but that is not the perception to the average person, and therein lies the problem.

These two entities should be in harmony and working together for the betterment of all, aspire to higher ideals. They need each other but maybe some egos are getting in the way. they need to be fired. I think it is all on the HOA side because the merchants of course have to be nice to the public. The merchant assoc. does a good job of trying to share Seaside with the public.

ozbeachmom

Beach Lover
Feb 8, 2007
Kansas/miramar beach
Wow! These people are unbelievable. Like I have said before, I wouldn't want them as my neighbors.. People will become aware of this situation and it will start to impact the businesses in the area, how sad.

NOLA TRANSPLANT

Beach Lover
Jul 24, 2007
The Residential Seaside and Commercial Seaside are two different places.
Run by two different outfits

O.K.
So what about all of the out of town tourist who come in during the summer (or any other time for that matter) and stay in Seaside?? They are not residence, they don't live there.

Last edited:

Truffle Anne

Beach Fanatic
Jan 29, 2008
Dune Allen
Dont think so The SS in my name stands for Sandy Shores.
Its turtle patrol
But I hear that they are going back to the SWAT type pants and shirts. ?? You know. Like before.
The new Security Director, "Roxanne" is a short woman with spike hair and men?s shoes from New Orleans.
A 20-year cop. By the way if you ever need her the # is 850 259-1244 or 231-5057

I bet I can tell you where she got her shoes.......:D

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Dont think so The SS in my name stands for Sandy Shores.
Its turtle patrol
But I hear that they are going back to the SWAT type pants and shirts. ?? You know. Like before.
The new Security Director, "Roxanne" is a short woman with spike hair and men’s shoes from New Orleans.
A 20-year cop. By the way if you ever need her the # is 850 259-1244 or 231-5057

...you had everyone going for a while, but you went a little too far. :D

Last edited:

SSPatrol

Beach Comber
Dec 10, 2009
O.K.
So what about all of the out of town tourist who come in during the summer (or any other time for that matter) and stay in Seaside?? They are not residence, they don't live there.
They are guest of the owner and as such they have use of the pavilions and pools, ect