• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
All of the Twin Oaks preserves are amazing. But they do have "added sugar." Talk to Renee about it; she will explain why sugar is a better stand in for preserving these products than the
juices and pectins in commercially sold brands.

I have no problem with sugar. real sugar.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I'm not sure what the name of the booth is that I bought Mango Preserves from, I think it was Twin Oak Farms, but it was to die for. :drool: It was so fresh it tasted like they just were picked and packaged. There was no added sugar and it was just right!

I'm sure Scootybug knows for sure.

It was from Renee at Twin Oaks! Lots of great preserves depending on season - blueberry, fig etc.

She also does a great Mango Chutney you should try!

Also like the pear/persimmon spread and the dried persimmon/pecan snack mix at another booth.

soappedaler

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2006
Farmer’s Market tomorrow at Seaside 9-1, fresh veggies, farm fresh organic eggs, yummy milk, cream and butter from local creamery, preserves handmade soap, jewelry and more.

jensieblue

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2005
on a lake in the woods
Went to the Farmer's market during our recent trip to the beach and stocked up on the delicious wares. Part of our group is still at the beach and they plan to go this AM. Thanks for this market

jclaeys

Beach Comber
Jun 2, 2009
Local Farmers Market!

[FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif]Welcome all! Please come join us in Seaside this Saturday from 9am to 1pm and support Walton County's only farmers market. This group of local farmers and artisanal goods producers needs your help to survive through the winter.

The farmers market is a place to: meet, share ideas, relax, gossip, eat, smile, laugh, and support your local community. Please stop buying all of your groceries from "big box" retail conglomerates and invest your dollar where it will stay in the community.
Remember, the strength and vision of this community is what separates us from the rest of the beaches in Florida.

Thanks!

At the farmers market this week:

Ocheesee Creamery

The Wesselhoeft's will be at the market this weekend with local certified Pure Jersey Products. Skim Milk, Whole MIlk, Cream, and Butter. If you haven't had fresh dairy this is a real treat and very well priced. All products come in traditional milk bottles and require a deposit, support your local farmer here!

Dragonfly Farms
If you missed Charles and Shueh-Mei on the farm tour be sure to see them here, they will have locally grown Napa cabbage, arugula, sweet potatoes (freshly dug earlier this week), Carmen sweet peppers, Komatsuna Asian greens, Taiwan cabbage and turnip greens. All of our produce is locally grown here in our garden without the use of harmful pesticides and herbicides and is grown with taste and nutrition in mind.

Lucy's Produce

This weekend...Winter squash, Zucchini, Pumpkins, Tomatoes, Russet Potatoes, Collard Greens, Turnip Greens,Cucumbers, Fresh Shelled Beans, Butter Beans, Bell Peppers, Jalapeno Peppers, Chili Peppers, and lots of jars of fresh Vegetable Soups, Bread and Butter Pickles, Peach Jam, Blackberry Jelly, Pickled Okra, Fresh Salsa...and?

Twin Oaks Farm www.twinoaksfarm.net
We will have farm fresh certified organic chickens available. Order your chicken by email and we will have it ready for pick up at the market ....
They are organic, pastured, fresh, local and just fabulous !!!

Our chickens are a slow growing breed that takes 11 weeks to maturity, we feed them an organic mix of grains without soy, they are pastured, bugs, grass and sunshine are part of their diet. We sell whole bird only at $8 / lb and they range between 3lb to 5lb. To order your chicken please contact us through email to place an order with size range and we will pack it ready to pick up.

We have Chicken broth made at the farm with our own certified organic chickens. Ready to go to start a soup, make a risotto or just add some noodles and enjoy. Our chickens are molting therefor we have a really limited quantity of eggs. We have certified organic chickens and ducks eggs.

Start your Holyday Shopping early this year : we offer free gift wrapping with the purchase of preserves.
All our preserves are made with local fresh fruits and organic sugar. NO pectin, NO citric acid, NO ascorbic acid. Available this week :
Blueberry
Peach
Fig
Mandarine
Mango
Mango chutney

Moonlight Microfarm CFH Design Studio Eco Design + Living
Will offer the usual wonderful organic sprout seeds, sprout jars and heirloom garden seeds. Organic hard red wheat berries for sprouting or wheat grass. Gift sprouting kits and garden seeds for your holiday shopping! Great stocking-stuffers.

Clear Creek Farms
Local Walton County Honey! Gordon and Lois are long time bee farmers from North of the Bay come meet the beekeepers! This weekend they will have 2 very different honey's local Tupelo and dark bay honey from bay trees, and a few other things Bee related:)

Pie in the Sky
Pie in the Sky offers Vegan and gluten free baked goods, this weekend chocolate muffins with raspberry and chocolate filling, bread, and maybe fruit pies!

Soap Peddaler
Hand Made Soaps filled with super smelling herbs and essential oils. Local soap maker Celeste Cobena delivers her soap by bike all over Walton County...she even rides her entire Farmers Market set-up to Seaside! Watch for monthly deals for those who walk and bike to the market.

Kinowas Cowboy Cookies
Kinowa's Cowboy Cookies will be wandering with her cookie basket and other beautiful treats! Catch her if you can!

Amavida Coffee
Enjoy Fair Trade Fresh Roasted Coffee or get some fair trade whole bean coffee and loose leaf tea. And while youre at it save the planet one cup of coffee at a time with an Eco-mug or Klean Kanteen! Good stuff. Amavida Coffee

Artesano Jewelry
We make handmade jewelry using natural resources from Peru. Our products range from butterfly wings, seeds, and tagua nuts, to fish scales and cow bones. Artesano means artisan in Spanish. Sano translates to healthy, and that what it is, healthy art. So you can feel good about wearing it! Artesano Jewels
[/FONT]

soappedaler

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2006
Dec.12 Seaside Farmer's Market

They're there!. I just got back and Rennee the egg lady is there, the dairy folks, with milk butter and cheese. Dragonfly Farmers and the Honey people. I wimped out but did pick up my groceries.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
They're there!. I just got back and Rennee the egg lady is there, the dairy folks, with milk butter and cheese. Dragonfly Farmers and the Honey people. I wimped out but did pick up my groceries.

A perfect day for a duck (egg). I will swing by and pick some up. The two 'green wise' eggs I made this morning were crap. Expiration date of Dec 31 on the carton and the yolks were all runny. I wonder when those eggs were laid? Egg update to follow.:wave:

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
I'm back. Scored a dozen duck eggs. Couldn't resist a mud riding adventure on the state forest trail on the way home. Despite many full throttle puddleslop romps, not a single egg quacked!:D

sorry

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Cold! But a determined group of vendors and shoppers. Picked up beautiful sweet potatoes, honey that has a "super honey" taste (bay and gallberry tree flowers), dewberry jelly- and sampled some home made mead, which was really yummy in the cold!