• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Corporations and $$.

The Nat'l Enquirer would have broken the story years ago if it wasn't quashed by the parent company who wanted Tiger on a magazine cover to boost circulation.

Canoehead said it was well known in the PGA. (She knows all the dirt.)

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
OK, I'll admit it. I feel totally duped by Tiger. Not because his personal life is any of my business(it's so not) although I would argue that privacy is the cost of fame, I feel duped because I always thought this guy was a clean-cut, family guy. I so got him wrong.

LuciferSam

Banned
Apr 26, 2008
Sowal
OK, I'll admit it. I feel totally duped by Tiger. Not because his personal life is any of my business(it's so not) although I would argue that privacy is the cost of fame, I feel duped because I always thought this guy was a clean-cut, family guy. I so got him wrong.

Reaally??. I assume most professional athletes are out messing around and that they consider it to be one of the perks. As for Tiger I think it's written all over him. No surprises here at all.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider

I am so with you on this.

Honestly, when I heard about the 2:30 a.m. crash, I thought there HAD to be a good explanation, like he had to go to WalMart or out for ice cream for Elin or something. :doh: I thought, at worst, it was Ambien sleepdriving.

And then up until a couple of days ago I was analyzing his behavior, saying to myself that it is his way of dealing with the pressure, and (maybe this is a stretch) the fact that none of his women are either black or Asian is a sign of self-loathing, and that he needs help and Elin may as well just walk and let him pick up the pieces from his tortured existence, without which, by the way, he would have never rung up 14 majors because that is part of the package.

But THEN ... THEN I hear that he is a notoriously bad tipper. And often rude to "the help" when he is out and about. There have been many reported incidences of this over the years.

So, it turns out he is just a bad guy. And now dead to me. :lol:

Barry Bonds anyone?

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
I just always found him to be a little nerdy and didn't think of him as a player. :dunno:

Possibly because we remember him so vividly as a nerdy 19-year-old. Between that, and the fact that SI declared him The Second Coming and the Sportsman of the Year in 1996, well, I guess that was too much to live up to. :lol:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com

I know what you mean exactly.

LuciferSam

Banned
Apr 26, 2008
Sowal

There are a couple of things that aren't clear at this time. It may be a banned substance from the sports world, but I don't know if there is anything criminal about a licensed physician administering it and a patient accepting such treatment. So with that in mind let's look at the moral implications. A lot of substances such as steroids and growth hormone have very effective therapeutic value for people with serious injuries. Anabolic steroids were invented during WWII and were used to help heal the injuries of wounded vets. Well Tiger had a very serious knee injury. If I were in his position I might just say PGA rules be damned and go for it if there was nothing criminal involved. The health of my joints is more important than some dumb game.