• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I don't want to go to Detroit, but it's a hub and near some Sowallers.

It's a NW / DAL hub but not a hub for anybody else. You have to keep in mind, though, that Southwest does not operate on a hub and spoke model like the major carriers. They are point to point. The reason they have chosen the four cities is because their research shows that they are the most likely to bear fruit.

Time will tell...

destinscuba

Beach Lover
May 9, 2007
on Eastern Lake
It's a NW / DAL hub but not a hub for anybody else. You have to keep in mind, though, that Southwest does not operate on a hub and spoke model like the major carriers. They are point to point. The reason they have chosen the four cities is because their research shows that they are the most likely to bear fruit.

Time will tell...

I would also think that not having the hub & spoke model would make it easier to add/change/remove routes as needed to better serve their customer base flight habits.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
So what's the deal with Baltimore? I have never been but I have been wanting to return to DC. Anyone experienced with flying in and out of Baltimore and the best way to get to DC hotel for sightseeing? Rent car, train? Any advice?

Any other interesting places or sights around Baltimore? If you were going to Philadelphia or NYC to see the sights would you rent a car or take a train, or a connecting flight?

There is a lot to see and do in Baltimore and great food. Here is a synopsis.

The crown jewel of downtown Baltimore, our vibrant and beautiful waterfront is home to dozens of shops, eateries and attractions, all within walking distance of more than 20 major hotels and the expansive Baltimore Convention Center. Take advantage of the diversity of Baltimore’s downtown attractions. In just a few city blocks, you can explore wildlife from the deep and Down Under at the National Aquarium in Baltimore, have a 360-degree Imax experience at the Maryland Science Center, submerge yourself in the courageous journey of African Americans at the Reginald F. Lewis Museum of Maryland African American History & Culture or wander through the pop culture icons of your past at the new Geppi’s Entertainment Museum. Other attractions not to be missed are the one-of-a-kind American Visionary Art Museum, Sports Legends at Camden Yards and Port Discovery, the Children’s Museum. After you’ve worked up a healthy appetite, stop in for a bite to eat at the staggering array of restaurants, eateries and food vendors scattered throughout Harborplace and the surrounding area. With so many delicious options, we are confident that you will find something to satisfy any taste. But wait! Your Baltimore experience only begins at the Inner Harbor. Hop on the Baltimore Water Taxi when the weather is warm or set out on foot to explore other downtown neighborhoods and head off in the direction of your next adventure.

Last edited: