• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BrettMan

Beach Comber
Apr 15, 2005
Anyone have any thoughts on the Villa Del Sol development at Cape San Blas? It's on the southern portion of the cape (the part that's not eroding). It looks like it's going to be nice. I'm just wondering if anyone has heard anything good or bad about the development and/or the general area. It seems like a good place to be considering the changes being made to Port St. Joe. We are interested in building there and renting it out (and using it ourselves).

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Looks nice. The southern end of the cape is usually muddy from the Appalach river and bay. I'm not a big fan of having no overhangs in sunny hot weather.

What are the prices?

The tradition of Mediterranean style architecture, an entirely American creation, belongs to Florida.
Somebody needs a little knowledge. :lol:

BrettMan

Beach Comber
Apr 15, 2005
The interior lots are $500's, the gulf fron lots are about $1.7M...

We went recently and loved the water up on the noth end of the cape, near the state park, but those beaches are eroding like crazy. We looked at the beach at Villa Del Sol and it wasn't as nice. The other thing we noticed was that there were a lot of dogs on the beach and we found a few piles of "fun". We also noticed that people are allowed to drive on the beach right up to the point where Villa Del Sol starts.

I know those are things that the locals have been doing for years, but I wonder how that will effect the attractivness of the beach to visitors from other areas.

I do think the development is going to be nice, I just wonder if it's going to be too high-end for the area or hard to rent.

Philip_Atlanta

Beach Lover
Mar 1, 2005
www.rosemaryrental.com
Prices are too close to prices asked in South Walton, imo. I think you could rent, but the ratio of rental rate/purchase price would be way out of wack, even compared to buying something in SoWal today.