• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

For The Health Of It

Beach Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
Great owners.. enough said. well maybe not... support fine local people, who work their tails off to make a business successful.

tylerT

Beach Lover
Nov 22, 2005
sorry..i'm sure they're great people, but it's still too high for what you get. i support locals when their prices are reasonable.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
tylerT said:
sorry..i'm sure they're great people, but it's still too high for what you get. i support locals when their prices are reasonable.
So you will burn more gas and drive 1.25 - 5 hours round trip, depending on the time of year and time of day, to eat at the Mellow Mushroom to save maybe a buck? If so, I say go for it. You certainly have the right to eat where you choose. ;-)

FoX

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
off the beach
www.thesimpsons.com
tylerT said:

Take a trip to a small town in Alabama, or NewYork City. It's all relative dude.

Prices are what they are. Quality is worth paying extra. And even if you do happen to get short changed by someone somewhere, you'll make it up on the flipside.

The Walmart mentality is ruining quality in this country. People cheapen their own lives by nitpicking prices to death, and then the next moment they waste money like it's flowing down the river. Get off the boat before you go over the falls.

SJ is right - you sound like one of those fools that drive acroos town, burning $4 worth of gas to save 9 cents at the pump.

Last edited by a moderator:

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
i had lunch there yesterday. caprese salad and caramella with pesto instead of red sauce, and chicken. excellent. jeff installed the new bar and counters since i was there last also. they look great.

as mentioned above tyler, they may be a little more expensive than wherever you choose to go. but, i'd rather give my money to locals who are using first rate ingredients in an establishment where i feel at home and can walk right into the kitchen to chat with matt and amory.

jr

tylerT

Beach Lover
Nov 22, 2005
"don't do us any favors?"...i get that there must be a lot of people on here who like the owners and that's cool, but to act almost insulted because i express a personal opinion in a non-personal way bugs me.

so mellow mushroom is full of stoners and cafe30a's pizza isn't edible and all other pizza competitors aren't as nice and won't let you hang out in there kitchen. i know this is a small place and you risk offending someone by offering an honest opinion that is based on my experience with the food and prices, but geeze.

so ok, i should support it because the people are nice and because even if the prices are high i would pay higher in New York City and they have great counters and you can walk in the kitchen and get seated quickly because there's hardly ever anyone there.... everyone can quit ganging up on me now..i'll tow the online family line...

it's a delightful place. :D

tylerT

Beach Lover
Nov 22, 2005
and i'm just one of those "fools" that offered a non-biased opinion and will spend an extra 20.00 on gas to have a good meal and get what i pay for.

Elvis

Beach Lover
Feb 13, 2005
everywhere
tylerT said:
and i'm just one of those "fools" that offered a non-biased opinion and will spend an extra 20.00 on gas to have a good meal and get what i pay for.

Please don't be a "fool" like others who would destroy our beautiful planet. A pizza or a few dollars is nothing to get upset about brother. When your opinion is different than most other people's either you're wrong or you're brave, but never both.

My fiance' and I love Amore' and bike over there at least once a week. Save the planet, ride a bike! :love: