• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Congratulations on opening one of the biggest can o' worms on 30A. Brace yourself as this thread goes onto 5+ pages.

My understanding of the laws are that bicyclists must follow rules of the road just as a car would and if you are in a properly marked cross walk they have to stop for you.

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
That's my understanding too.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Doncha just love it when someone's very first and only SoWal post is trolling. On a topic that has already been beat to death in at least 3 or 4 previous posts. Give it up. This horse has been dead so long, it doesn't even smell any more.

Last edited:

beach angel

Beach Comber
Mar 2, 2009
Congratulations on opening one of the biggest can o' worms on 30A. Brace yourself as this thread goes onto 5+ pages.

My understanding of the laws are that bicyclists must follow rules of the road just as a car would and if you are in a properly marked cross walk they have to stop for you.

thanks for the heads up. no way for me to know that this is a big deal - just commenting on almost being run down. not "trolling", and btw - doesn't EVERYONE have a first post at sometime or other? (or is this forum only for those in the hundreds or thousands range?) i appreciate your warning swgb - i won't be checking back in anytime soon!

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Avenger, its OK for you to express your point of view, don't worry what SOME may have said as to the topic, it is opinions that make this place interesting, even when it don't stink anymore. Those that are tired of discussing an issue don't have to reply IMO.

Iris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2009
Seacrest
Avenger, its OK for you to express your point of view, don't worry what SOME may have said as to the topic, it is opinions that make this place interesting, even when it don't stink anymore. Those that are tired of discussing an issue don't have to reply IMO.

Yes Avenger, it's ok to post. If it is too recent to another post it just gets merged. They beat the poop out of me some days. I just sit back and watch. It's fun. T try and be nice, but some days it is just too hard.

Have fun.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
thanks for the heads up. no way for me to know that this is a big deal - just commenting on almost being run down. not "trolling", and btw - doesn't EVERYONE have a first post at sometime or other? (or is this forum only for those in the hundreds or thousands range?) i appreciate your warning swgb - i won't be checking back in anytime soon!

SWGB is just hazing you a little bit, rookie, er crabbie. Post early and often. What do you think of those people who dress like Lance Armstrong and think they own the road?:wave:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com

There is nothing wrong with your idea but we need a little more from you about your thoughts on the subject other than an exclamation point.

As for the "bike path", The "Timpoochee Trail" is a multi-use path, not a bike-only path.