• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

LuciferSam

Banned
Apr 26, 2008
Sowal
SWGB is just hazing you a little bit, rookie, er crabbie. Post early and often. What do you think of those people who dress like Lance Armstrong and think they own the road?:wave:

As children the bullies gave them wedgies every single day to the point that they started to like it. Hence the OMB constricting attire that they wear to this day.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
Avenger posted more about the topic but obviously had second thoughts about joining in, after he was called a "troll".

Avenger, you will have to understand that some on this forum are new to this type of exchange and get very touchy about certain subjects. They are also quick to label someone a troll if they post a new thread about a "hot" topic. They would do good to establish a wait and see attitude. Trolls will always out themselves eventually so there is no need to label them after one post.

Not all are trolls, some are newbies that just happen to pick a topic some do not wish to rediscuss again as their first.

To survive you just have to jump in and go with the flow. Never leave because of one or two comments.

And actually SWGB was doing you a favor by warning you of what would probably follow.

As to your topic, these type of bikers live everywhere. I have seen them on 30-A and I have seen them on the streets here in Memphis. They think they own the road, and totally disregard the laws they want everyone else to obey. I figure eventually Karma gets them.

Welcome to the forum and have a very Merry Christmas. :wave:

Last edited:

LuciferSam

Banned
Apr 26, 2008
Sowal
There is nothing wrong with your idea but we need a little more from you about your thoughts on the subject other than an exclamation point.

As for the "bike path", The "Timpoochee Trail" is a multi-use path, not a bike-only path.

I believe he edited out his original remarks.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Cyclists have every much as right to the road as any other vehicle or pedestrian. I always allow them the right of way when driving. Those that are in that big a hurry to get somewhere should use a throughfare other than 30A.
That said, cyclists have to obey the rules of the road just as everyone else does. That means stopping at stop signs and pedestrian crosswalks when occuppied or about to be. A little common sense goes a long way when travelling from one place to another regardless of the mode of transportation.
Merry Chrismas and a Happy New Year.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
The only problem I see is bikers who are very young, or older bikers who are a little clumsy or rubbernecking, so I drive with extreme caution most of the year.

Although locals need to get from place to place, the reality is that Scenic 30A is one long "tourist free-for-all" and safety should come first for regulars. It's understandable to be frustrated, but if you can't slow down and get past your own attitude you need to find an alternate route.

beach angel

Beach Comber
Mar 2, 2009
SWGB is just hazing you a little bit, rookie, er crabbie. Post early and often. What do you think of those people who dress like Lance Armstrong and think they own the road?:wave:

no no - i was TRULY thanking swgb for the heads up. i deleted my original post, but had to have at least one character left in - hence the "!"

er - i don't think anyone wants to know what i think about the "lance armstrong" types, or anyone else. thanks for the post - and to everyone else who posted something nice. merry Christmas!

beach angel

Beach Comber
Mar 2, 2009
There is nothing wrong with your idea but we need a little more from you about your thoughts on the subject other than an exclamation point.

As for the "bike path", The "Timpoochee Trail" is a multi-use path, not a bike-only path.

i deleted the entire quote after the post from swgb.

beach angel

Beach Comber
Mar 2, 2009
Avenger posted more about the topic but obviously had second thoughts about joining in, after he was called a "troll".

Avenger, you will have to understand that some on this forum are new to this type of exchange and get very touchy about certain subjects. They are also quick to label someone a troll if they post a new thread about a "hot" topic. They would do good to establish a wait and see attitude. Trolls will always out themselves eventually so there is no need to label them after one post.

Not all are trolls, some are newbies that just happen to pick a topic some do not wish to rediscuss again as their first.

To survive you just have to jump in and go with the flow. Never leave because of one or two comments.

And actually SWGB was doing you a favor by warning you of what would probably follow.

As to your topic, these type of bikers live everywhere. I have seen them on 30-A and I have seen them on the streets here in Memphis. They think they own the road, and totally disregard the laws they want everyone else to obey. I figure eventually Karma gets them.

Welcome to the forum and have a very Merry Christmas. :wave:

thanks - i don't know how to do a "thanks" at the bottom of your post, so i am doing it this way.

jack S

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2007
Hey; I love before both Christmas and hurricanes, when I can ride my bike on the center line without traffic ! HA!

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
I wonder if it was me that was behind you yesterday? The Hummer that got caught behind a cyclist at the loonnngggg Blue Mountain curve. No way to pass, then I tried to once, but decided not to. So I backed off and just coasted behind until I got to Goatfeathers and could pass. Whomever it was cycling was going about 25 mph, very impressive, except getting up the hill, that will take some work. I was aggravated, whether it is legal or not to cycle on a two lane road, however, I was patient and understanding. I would like to note, that if a cyclist is worried about getting mowed over, WTH are you doing cycling on 30A???