• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

John T

Beach Comber
May 17, 2008
Hello everyone,
We got down Fri and we are staying until Wed morning, we are so thankful for the beautiful weather. One of our favorite things to do when we are down here is to go to open houses. We like to see the different colors , cabinets, countertops, etc that people use, and this gives us ideas about our house. We have met several very nice realtors. We always tell them when we come in that we could not afford to buy the house, we are just looking. My question to you realtors is: what do you think of people like us? Do you mind us just looking,do you get a lot of just lookers, or do you wish we would stay away if we are not serious about buying?
Thanks for your answers

tjl

Beach Comber
Oct 29, 2009
Johnt

Not sure if you desire owning a place in WC but may have an option for you. I am looking for 1 more partner for wonderful 4500+ sq ft home. It will be a fabulous place for multi-family vacations or intimate enough for a couples get-away at a cost less than a 1 bedroom condo. Let me know if you have interest in further details. terry@reeqpartners.com

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
Hello everyone,
We got down Fri and we are staying until Wed morning, we are so thankful for the beautiful weather. One of our favorite things to do when we are down here is to go to open houses. We like to see the different colors , cabinets, countertops, etc that people use, and this gives us ideas about our house. We have met several very nice realtors. We always tell them when we come in that we could not afford to buy the house, we are just looking. My question to you realtors is: what do you think of people like us? Do you mind us just looking,do you get a lot of just lookers, or do you wish we would stay away if we are not serious about buying?
Thanks for your answers

I love when anyone stops by an open house. Nothing more boring then sitting in a home all day with no one coming by. The majority of lookers are just that, lookers. We love the feedback!

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
I love when anyone stops by an open house. Nothing more boring then sitting in a home all day with no one coming by. The majority of lookers are just that, lookers. We love the feedback!

My time is running out Bobby J--one last time...balloons and snacks dammit!!--BALLOONS and SNACKS!!

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
We've been doing this for years. Hubby is an Architect so that's his major interest. In all the years we've been doing it we've only encountered one person who was rude. We were basically curious to see how their foreclosure turned out after it had sat half completed for 2 years in WC. Guess we'll never know, but I'm sure someone is going to get lots of mold for very cheap.

Most Realtors seem interested in the opinions and in some cases just relieved to have interaction with another human being.

Another hint for Realtors that don't like it. Just because the person coming through the door can't afford it doesn't mean they don't know someone who can.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
If you can time the trip right, Parade of Homes every year can be a lot of fun and they expect window shoppers then.

For 2010:

June 12-20 for Okaloosa-Walton
Don't have an exact time for Bay County, but it seems like it's usually early to mid-May

sadie1

Beach Lover
May 31, 2009
Speaking of open houses. The huge house in watercolor on 30-a had an open house today. Can't believe anyone would build a $3.4 mil spec home. But its very impressive. i figured at $3.4 mil after commissions theres still a cool $1 mil profit built in. somebody offer $2.5 mil. fixed expeneses ( ins,taxes etc are probably near 100k a year) i bet that sucker would bring in 10k a week rent

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Speaking of open houses. The huge house in watercolor on 30-a had an open house today. Can't believe anyone would build a $3.4 mil spec home. But its very impressive. i figured at $3.4 mil after commissions theres still a cool $1 mil profit built in. somebody offer $2.5 mil. fixed expeneses ( ins,taxes etc are probably near 100k a year) i bet that sucker would bring in 10k a week rent

Is that the white one just west of the sales office?

sadie1

Beach Lover
May 31, 2009
yes coming over the bridge from western lake its the first or second huge house on the left when entering water color. They've been working on it well over a year. impressive home with a small dipping pool in the back and a nice grill out area.