• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Seagrove Girl, get off Jack S. As quick as the weather improves he will go yolo boarding or surfing instead of biking. Me thinks, to a great degree, he is playing with you. Metaphorically speaking, of course.

Last edited:

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
Seagrove Girl, get off Jack S. As quick as the weather improves he will go yolo boarding or surfing instead of biking. Me thinks, to a great degree, he is playing with you. Metaphorically speaking, of course.

Andy A...get off me, I am having funn.............:D

jack S

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2007
Merry Christmas Andy, and Seagrovegirl. I am about to ride my bike down the desserted 30a on a dawn patrol to check the surf. Seagrovegirl, if you happen across me in the street, please don't hit me with your armored car!!! j

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
It's funny to me how this devolved into the old cars versus road bikes issue. The issue at hand was a pedestrian trying to cross the road who was rudely shouted at to move as they had the right of way. That is incorrect and if it's the same group I encountered the other day in the Wheel House area then they should be smacked.

There seems to be a "leader" who constantly stays out in traffic riding more than one abreast. This is not only illegal, but unsafe. I don't care how much your bike costs, you've trained, or you think you have some sort of right; if you can't obey the simple basics of safe bicycling on a ROAD then you don't deserve any respect.

Respect those around you and be amazed at the return.

LuciferSam

Banned
Apr 26, 2008
Sowal
I've met very few serious cyclists who don't have a big chip on their shoulder (quite literally). I say if road rash bothers you so much, quit bragging about it at every opportunity and boring us with your exploits in your truly BORRRING sport.

Last edited:

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
It's funny to me how this devolved into the old cars versus road bikes issue. The issue at hand was a pedestrian trying to cross the road who was rudely shouted at to move as they had the right of way. That is incorrect and if it's the same group I encountered the other day in the Wheel House area then they should be smacked.

There seems to be a "leader" who constantly stays out in traffic riding more than one abreast. This is not only illegal, but unsafe. I don't care how much your bike costs, you've trained, or you think you have some sort of right; if you can't obey the simple basics of safe bicycling on a ROAD then you don't deserve any respect.

Respect those around you and be amazed at the return.

There are, it appears, very few of us who saw the original post (as you did) before it was edited down to just an asterisk.

Deli Love

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2008
MidWal???
I have no problem with how old your car or bike is. I don't care how much they cost or what tag you have on it. I do care when I am early to work and enjoying the beautiful ride down 30A until I get behind a bunch of bikes who think I am on vacation and have all the time in the world. I shouldn't have to leave an hour early to make a less than half hour ride. The same goes for the car on 331 that rides the center line at 37 MPH and speeds up to 55 when there is nothing coming and your in a passing zone!
I thought this thread showing up today was pretty funny because just after lunch we were driving past Water Color behind two bikes. They blew through the stop sign and never slowed down.
Three years ago a bike rider at the same spot got irate at us because my husband narrowly missed running over him when he passed us at a stop sign and blew through it. Husband yelled out the window as a, no thought involved, reaction to a stupid situation. Both men said things they shouldn't have and it was just ugly. Bike guy was right, he has a right to the road but husband was right too. It would have ruined his day and bumper if he had hit the guy. He shouldn't have breezed past us and through the stop sign. Happy safe traveling to all!

beach angel

Beach Comber
Mar 2, 2009
There are, it appears, very few of us who saw the original post (as you did) before it was edited down to just an asterisk.

interesting post, treefrog. the original was edited down to an exclamation point because swgb kindly warned me that response would get nasty. and the first nasty response was yours!!

swgb was again correct in his post to which you respond here - so thanks to him yet again.