• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Just Curious

Beach Fanatic
Apr 22, 2009
The Defuniak Herald ? PUBLIC RECORDS LAWSUIT ENDS IN SETTLEMENT

Harris said that everyone should be able to receive public records in a timely fashion and she felt that the settlement was not only for her, but for anyone who had issues with getting public records from the county. ?I?ve sat through many Walton County Commission meetings and seen people step up and ask for public records or say their request have never garnered a response. This is not only for me, it?s for anyone who has ever had the experience of not having the county respond to their request. I was able to afford the fight. Not every resident can and this is for them, as well.?

So, where is she going to donate the money to? I think she should give it to Hellen McCall park, or put in another beach acces. You know, since this was for everyone else. I love the reasoning behind this. Lets sue the taxpayers, and then tell them that it was for their own good.
Thank you Ms. Harris.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I hope Ms Harris and the Commissioners aren't setting trends for others to sue the County after sending an email and asking the Commissioners to send them all of their emails which they sent.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Alicia Leonard has a great in-depth article in this week's Herald/Breeze.

(I meant to post this earlier, so this issue will only be out for another day or so!)

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Alicia Leonard has a great in-depth article in this week's Herald/Breeze.

(I meant to post this earlier, so this issue will only be out for another day or so!)

Scott Brannon clarified his statement in the issue I received hot off the press tonight. He said it was all about the volleyball net, or something like that I think. Miss Harris is kind of like the redneck riviera's own Joan of Arc.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Not surprising. She stood before the commissioners about a year ago, when they were clarifying the language of the rule, and she told them that she was going to sue them if they couldn't keep their volleyball net on the beach. She didn't care about anything or anyone else except for that volleyball net.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
So much so, that the volleyball net was the only thing the Edgewater representative mentioned when threatening the lawsuit.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Yeah, I remember that. I wonder if they have a league? Do they play once a week or three times a week? Now that they and their attorneys have our tax dollars, maybe they can buy all the teams in their league new uniforms emblazoned with "Edgewater" on them. Ludicrous all around.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Maybe since "your" tax dollars helped pay for that net, you can play some volleyball on "their" beach.