• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scubadog

Beach Comber
Dec 7, 2009
Woke up with no heat on our first floor. The theromostat display is blank. Anyone an HVAC repair man or woman or know of a good one? We are in Seacrest

scubadog

Beach Comber
Dec 7, 2009
Our furnance stopped working. Anyone here an HVAC repair person?

Woke up to a furnance that stopped working. The display unit is blank. Smelled a burning smell around 2am. Is anyone an HVAC repair person or know of a good, honest one? Brrrr

Peaden in Panama City. (850) 872-1004.

Hubby has a Ph.D. in engineering, so he questions the technicians thoroughly when we have a problem with our HVAC. (Big D does this with all workers who come to the house -- I think he scares them :D).They always answer in a knowledgeable manner. They know enough not to just guess on a solution (which would cause you to be charged for something that doesn't correct your problem).

Have tried a couple of other local companies, but for real answers
Peaden, Peaden, Peaden!
I agree. We have total confidence in them. And they try cheap solutions first before they suggest more expensive ones. Some technicians just suggest more expensive alternatives because they don't know enough to tweak a small problem.

For example, I've posted before about getting ripped off by pool heater repair people. They say to replace the motor because they don't have a clue how to fix the problem. $1000 bucks. Then a friend who also has a pool on 30A told hubby about a pool heater part that costs a few bucks and rusts out at least once a year. Hubby fixes that himself now. Let's see, do I wanna pay $1000 for incompetence or a few bucks to DYI?

scubadog

Beach Comber
Dec 7, 2009
We ended up calling Rob Sanders. Great Guy!! We called on Sunday and left a message that we would like an appointment on Monday. He called back less than an hour later, on Sunday and he diagnosed the problem over the phone and my husband was able to fix it with just a trip to Ace Hardware. Thank you Rob!! Turns out to be a common problem. We were using our furnace instead of our heat pump for heat because it was so cold. The end caps on the wires that are connected together were not the correct size and the wires separated and arched and produced heat and melted (not the technical terms, but it is how I recall). Anyway all my husband had to do was power down, then trim the ends off the wires and get the correct size end caps and twist them on.