• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Truffle Anne

Beach Fanatic
Jan 29, 2008
Dune Allen
Looking forward to Wine World, but I have a critical question: You say that you will keep the pizzas coming, but what about the wonderful frozen custard at Hot & Cold? I think my girlfriend might cry if I have to tell her that she can never have any more of the butterfinger....

(Biting tongue... biting tongue.... biting tongue....)

You will love the food.

Last edited:

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
Looking forward to Wine World, but I have a critical question: You say that you will keep the pizzas coming, but what about the wonderful frozen custard at Hot & Cold? I think my girlfriend might cry if I have to tell her that she can never have any more of the butterfinger....

(Biting tongue... biting tongue.... biting tongue....)

You will love the food.
I do not think we will be keeping the ice cream/custard .....BUT you will love the food and wine! (pizzas will continue with a wonderful "wine world" twist which includes great cheeses and meats!)
We will, however, have an amazing selection of desserts which might just have to include a tasty butterfinger cheese cake or something along the lines of......

Last edited:

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
I am so excited to have this coming to town. The cheeses and the wine would be enough but great Alli food right down the road.... ChefEd and I are still on cloud 9 after our short rib and polenta dinner Alli prepared at Chans in Destin.

Allifunn

Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
I was at our location today and demo begins TOMORROW!! The place is going to be wonderful. We have some very exciting things in store for 30A.
The pizzas will continue to be a big part of the location's dining.
Our target date to re-open is Feb. 15! We will have a large retail wine sales area along with dining, gourmet foods and cheeses in the hot & cold location. The wine bar will be located in the former PJ's location and will be the concentration for most of the remodeling.
I will keep up-dates coming and perhaps I can persuade someone to take some photos to go along with these posts. ;-)

Working on 30A again is an unbelieveable thrill for me.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
I was at our location today and demo begins TOMORROW!! The place is going to be wonderful. We have some very exciting things in store for 30A.
Our target date to re-open is Feb. 15! We will have a large retail wine sales area along with dining, gourmet foods and cheeses in the hot & cold location. The wine bar will be located in the former PJ's location and will be the concentration for most of the remodeling.
I will keep up-dates coming and perhaps I can persuade someone to take some photos to go along with these posts. ;-)

Happy for you!!:clap::love:
Can't wait to see it/taste it!!

Carol G

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Point Washington
This is very exciting news, I am looking forward to the opening! :drool::love:

Truffle Anne

Beach Fanatic
Jan 29, 2008
Dune Allen

I'll come take photos if you'll feed me! :D
Had such a great lunch this week at your Destin location and can't BEELEEVE I can soon eat closer to home! :love:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
The anticipation is killing me! I can't wait and congrats to Alli for this, not many people get to live the dream they had only a few short years ago. :clap::love:

Allifunn

Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
The anticipation is killing me! I can't wait and congrats to Alli for this, not many people get to live the dream they had only a few short years ago. :clap::love:
I am blessed with many things :love::wave:

I'll come take photos if you'll feed me! :D
Had such a great lunch this week at your Destin location and can't BEELEEVE I can soon eat closer to home! :love:
I will feed you any time! You are partly responsible for my being where I am :love:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Walton Sun - 1/9/2010

looks like an official announcement to me...:clap:

The World's expanding: Chan's coming to 30A
January 09, 2010 2:21 PM
By Deborah Wheeler

As the economy eats some retail establishments, others take the opportunity to expand. Chan Cox’s Wine World, long a staple in the area, continues to grow, and this time is setting its sights on 30A. Less than a year after expanding into Fort Walton Beach’s Uptown Station, Cox has signed a lease with St. Joe to take over the spaces formerly occupied by Hot & Cold, and PJ’s coffee, at the corner of County Road 30 and the WaterColor Town Center.

The company is finalizing the details of the expansion and plans are to be open by February.

“We will keep basically the same menu as the Destin caf? location and serve beer and wine,” said Chef Alison Porter. Porter will be executive chef and oversee both locations. “It’s exciting to be coming to 30A,” said Porter. “I have a lot of exciting ideas.”

“We will offer a lunch menu, plus I want to offer brunch one day a week, either on Saturday or Sunday, and an around-the-world dining night like at the Destin location. We plan to keep the wine bar open until 11 p.m., and serve desserts and tapas from it,” said Porter.

“Our goal is to be a local’s spot, not touristy, and have a local’s night, and feature the work of local artists and occasionally have entertainment,” she continued.

“The plan is to offer a place such as this on 30A without the 30A price,” said cheese bar manager Michel Thibault.

Thibault said the official announcement would come in a week or two.

Meanwhile, “we’re building a team,” said Porter.

Walton Sun

Last edited: