• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
:rofl: Y'all are too funny.

It was a good game. I was happy to see Bama win; felt bad for McCoy, happy for Ingram. Gators still finish No. 3 and Urban is still around and even with his stress, he is mercifully nothing like Jim Leavitt. Life is good. Congrats Bama fans!

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
Bama to display trophy at ......Walmart

From ESPN.com:

"
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- The University of Alabama is going to display its new national championship football trophy at a place where most anyone can see it: Walmart.
The school says the Coaches' Trophy will be on display at a Walmart Supercenter in Tuscaloosa on Saturday and another Walmart store in Gardendale on Sunday.
Fans will be able to get their picture taken with the actual Coaches' Trophy that was presented after the BCS win over Texas. The $30,000 trophy is topped with a football made of Waterford Crystal.
The school will permanently display the trophy on campus. The Walmart stops are part of a sponsorship deal.

"

Last edited:

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
From ESPN.com:

"
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- The University of Alabama is going to display its new national championship football trophy at a place where most anyone can see it: Walmart.
The school says the Coaches' Trophy will be on display at a Walmart Supercenter in Tuscaloosa on Saturday and another Walmart store in Gardendale on Sunday.
Fans will be able to get their picture taken with the actual Coaches' Trophy that was presented after the BCS win over Texas. The $30,000 trophy is topped with a football made of Waterford Crystal.
The school will permanently display the trophy on campus. The Walmart stops are part of a sponsorship deal.

"

Heh heh...hope security is tight, unlike one school I know, whose NC trophies would up in the home of a gator fan in Fort Walton Beach. :roll: Can't remember if we got both of them back or if we had to order a new one...

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
I didn't say it was a dirty hit. I just said that the we'll never know what the outcome would have been if Colt had not been injured.

Hey Darlene, I was picking up a pizza and saw these Alabama goodies in the waiting area. Houndstooth handbags, jewelry, and even my favorite :roll:, a zebra bag in with crimson trim. They also have Auburn, Georgia, and Georgia Tech items. :wave:

Love them. I am very easy to buy for. My Alabama Christmas gifts: 2 purses, long sleeve shirt, Socks, ANOTHER sticker for my CRIMSON car, yes I bought it because of the color, 2 hats, a hoodie, and a insulated glass for my beer. It was good. I seriously cannot tell you how many Alabama shirts/sweatshirts I have. I have lost count. Sometime I will have to take a picture of my "Alabama Sofa Table" with all my other Bama stuff on it. Roll Tide!

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
I wondered how long it would take for the Alabama Redneck sheet to start flowing. Whatever. :roll: At least we have a trophy to display, for the 13th time I might add. Bring it on. This Redneck Alabama Girl can take it! ROLL TIDE!

Everytime

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
Shelby County, Alabama
Hey, Darlene, maybe this year, but the Tide has only rolled over the Gators once in the past 10 years.;-)

More like 4 times in the past 10 years:

1999: Twice (Gainesville, reg. season, 40-39; Atlanta, SECCG, 34-7)
2005: Tuscaloosa, UA 31, reg. season
2009: Atlanta, SECCG, 32-13

As for the houndstooth items like the ones you photographed, the irony is that my wife is an AUB grad and huge AUB fan, but she has a side business selling embroidered gift items like scarves, market tote baskets, etc., and this year, the biggest sellers have been the houndstooth items. She claims that she wore one of the HT scarves while watching the game in ATL Thursday night; she was there for Market.

More like 4 times in the past 10 years:

1999: Twice (Gainesville, reg. season, 40-39; Atlanta, SECCG, 34-7)
2005: Tuscaloosa, UA 31, reg. season
2009: Atlanta, SECCG, 32-13

As for the houndstooth items like the ones you photographed, the irony is that my wife is an AUB grad and huge AUB fan, but she has a side business selling embroidered gift items like scarves, market tote baskets, etc., and this year, the biggest sellers have been the houndstooth items. She claims that she wore one of the HT scarves while watching the game in ATL Thursday night; she was there for Market.
I was referring to SEC Champs in my 12/9 post. In 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009 (that's 10 seasons - just count them), Alabama only won the SEC over the Gators in 2009.

BTW daughter's engagement party was last night. One of our best friends arrived in a fabubous Chanel houndstooth jacket, Chanel booties, and Chanel from head to toe. I teased her about being in houndstooth. She is from Alabama, but didn't get it. :rotfl:

Last edited:

Everytime

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
Shelby County, Alabama
I was referring to SEC Champs in my 12/9 post. In 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009 (that's 10 seasons - just count them), Alabama only won the SEC over the Gators in 2009.

BTW daughter's engagement party was last night. One of our best friends arrived in a fabubous Chanel houndstooth jacket, Chanel booties, and Chanel from head to toe. I teased her about being in houndstooth. She is from Alabama, but didn't get it. :rotfl:

Well, the two teams had only met and played each other twice in the SECCG in the years that you listed above: 2008 & 2009, and the record was 1-1. I didn't see any reference in your earlier post limiting it to SECCG meetings. Sure, Bama had some droughts against AUB and LSU in recent years, but not Florida.